Optics4rent

Breeves1

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone had any experience lately with renting optics? Is it worth it? I’m new to hunting out west I have lived in Kansas my whole life. I’m finally financially able to go west but gathering everything to hunt and camp out west is killing my budget. Instead of buying good optics this year I was thinking about renting and possibly purchasing optics next year. This would give me good optics this year without killing my budget. Then moving forward possibly buying my own. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

Trial153

WKR
They get good reviews, I know a couple guys that were happy with their service.

robie

WKR
I used them for my first trip out west to see if it was really what I wanted. The guy is great to deal with, shipped everything a few days early so I could make sure it all worked with my tripod.

Split the cost of a Swaro spotter with whoever you are going out west with so everyone can try it and share the cost.

I just used cheap binos for my first trip. Don't spend to much on all the gear and crap if you've never done it. Make do with what you have and pick up a few used items before you spend thousands on something you've never done before.

If you fall in love with it then pick up gear as you need it and can afford it. You don't need the latest Kuiu/Sitka to hunt out west.

Snyder did a podcast on how to skimp, including an old Dana Design backpack for sub $100.

Used him for my sheep hunt in 2016, then bought a pair of binos from him last year. Great guy to do business with can't say enough good about him.

Copen1822

Lil-Rokslider
Rented the 15's from him twice for hunts. Seamless process and excellent service!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

blackdog

Lil-Rokslider
Rented a big Swaro spotter from him a few years ago for an elk hunt. Very positive experience.

I don't have any input on their service, just coming here to say its a great idea to rent. Like many have said, there are a lot of options when it comes to glass and being able to rent vs. buying and hoping it works is awesome... or worse, the guys who cheap out and buy something substandard and then realize "oh man I should've bought better" and they lose their ass and have to buy twice.

Heard of doing this. Glad the OP posted this.
Looked at the website. Seems I could rent a Swaro spotter for about $200 for a sheep hunt. Could use the extra $1000+ towards the hunt.

Scottyboy

WKR
No personal experience yet, but will be using them in a few month to take the binos for a test drive before dropping the money from only looking in store. Even if it’s a bust (ie; I don’t like them for whatever reason) I feel the nominal amount they charge is well worth it on the front end vs eating a loss on resale

venado_hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Ive used them. Bought the scope I used at a huge discount 6-7 years ago.
Last year called the owner up and he sold me an upgraded scope at a great price.
Super nice guy, easy transactions and his equipment is top notch.

OP
Breeves1

Breeves1

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for all the replies everyone. I appreciate the input.