`Optics Help, getting scoped with my T/C Encore

LFC911

WKR
I put an economical 3-9x50mm Bushnell Banner 2 scope with a BDC reticle on my T/C Encore 50ML and get it sighted in with some BH209 and Hornady 340gr ELDX. I was very impressed with how it shot but got hit several times by the scope in the process. I have the scope as far forward as i can in the rings and still getting hit. Would you recommend a different scope and/or mount? If so, which one? I'm currently using a Leupold Std one piece base and high rings. I could possibly go with some kind of pic rail and different rings if someone makes one. Thanks in advance. Here's a pic for comparison next to my 30-06 with Leupold VX1...both are 3-9 scopes but the Bushnell has a WAY longer eyepiece.
IMG_4301.JPEG

nobody

WKR
Definitely a rail. It’ll allow you to push the scope further forward to minimize the chance to scope yourself, plus it’ll allow you to spread the rings further apart which is better for durability and zero retention.

Trijicon Credo 3-9 is where I would go in the process as well, just to further improve durability and zero retention probability.

Yikes that’s a narrow mount! Yeah swap to a rail or add one of those 1” slip on recoil pads to give yourself a tad more LOP if the scope is just on there for load development before swapping to irons.

The main problem with most of the Encores is the screws for the bases are really close to each other, so the bases aren't usually that long. Since you already have a standard, single dovetail base, I'd probably seriously consider the extended or offset rings, they might get you enough room. Leupold

OP
LFC911

LFC911

WKR
Yikes that’s a narrow mount! Yeah swap to a rail or add one of those 1” slip on recoil pads to give yourself a tad more LOP if the scope is just on there for load development before swapping to irons.
Both...i can use a scope in KS for deer (and OIL Elk)...if i ever go to a state it is legal with iron sights I will go down that rabbit hole. I found EGW makes a 0 (and 20 MOA) rail and will probably go that route and find some different rings.

OP
LFC911

LFC911

WKR
The main problem with most of the Encores is the screws for the bases are really close to each other, so the bases aren't usually that long. Since you already have a standard, single dovetail base, I'd probably seriously consider the extended or offset rings, they might get you enough room. Leupold
Thanks for the tip, i wasn't aware Leupold made an extended DD ring for this base...rather than spend anymore money on this mounting system, I think that I'm going to move to the pic rail, which looks like it will give me more forward movement.

Ditt44

Lil-Rokslider
I have a 2008 Pro Hunter. Weaver rail and Nikon Omega 3x9x40 BDC scope. Solid and very accurate.

Attachments

• 20240623_204822.jpg
    20240623_204822.jpg
    318.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 20240623_204832.jpg
    20240623_204832.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 7
Another option is a cantilevered scope mount. They're pretty common on ARs, as you need to keep the mount only on the receiver, nothing on the handguard, so it's a bit analogous to what you're dealing with on your TC.

Definitely a rail so you can move your scope forward. Been a long time since I used one of those scopes but if I remember right they have pretty good eye relief.

OP
LFC911

LFC911

WKR
Definitely a rail so you can move your scope forward. Been a long time since I used one of those scopes but if I remember right they have pretty good eye relief.
All I can say is I'm glad it had rubber on the eye cup...definitely prevented a few stitches there. I was surprised i had to twist it out so far to focus but my eyes are starting to go, so i shouldn't be lol

tracker12

WKR
I put an economical 3-9x50mm Bushnell Banner 2 scope with a BDC reticle on my T/C Encore 50ML and get it sighted in with some BH209 and Hornady 340gr ELDX. I was very impressed with how it shot but got hit several times by the scope in the process. I have the scope as far forward as i can in the rings and still getting hit. Would you recommend a different scope and/or mount? If so, which one? I'm currently using a Leupold Std one piece base and high rings. I could possibly go with some kind of pic rail and different rings if someone makes one. Thanks in advance. Here's a pic for comparison next to my 30-06 with Leupold VX1...both are 3-9 scopes but the Bushnell has a WAY longer eyepiece.
View attachment 727892
You need to change the base to a weaver/pictinny style and you will be fine and will be able to move the scope forward. Look a EGW