Optic Help

Long Cut

WKR
My new favorite Whitetail rifle is this CVA Scout in 6.5CM. Deer hunting Georgia, most shots are inside of 100 yards. I’ll hunt gas & power line occasionally, where a 300-400 shot is possible, but unlikely. Low light use ability is most important to me, as most shots occur at first and last light.

I currently have an SWFA 3-9 on the rifle and it’s been flawless. BUT I’ve been toying with the idea of building a bolt gun for the SWFA to be used on, and buying a S&B for the CVA rifle.

That being said, I’m torn between the S&B 2.5-10x56 or the 3-12x44 with the P3 BDL reticle.

I’m looking for advice here, which scope would you rather have on a dedicated whitetail rifle?

IMG_7988.jpeg

Kyguy

FNG
I think that both of those S&B scopes are overkill for your situation. Any quality optic is going to provide enough light transmission for any legal shooting light. If you're having a hard time finding the reticle in those situations, then an illuminated reticle is the way to go, unless you can find a very heavy #4 or duplex type reticle. As slim and quick handling as that rifle it, I wouldn't burden it with a big scope. Perhaps the Trijicon Credo 3-9 is what I'd think about for it, or the Huron if you don't want illumination. The Accupoint it another good choice, but I learned that if you're in a blind with poor light, the Tritium doesn't show up very well.