Ba-7 sparrow on nl pures

NeedleCrook

Lil-Rokslider
Hey everyone,
I mounted my ba-7 sparrow on my nl pure 12x42’s today and I’m not sure the best place to mount it, I tried towards the end of the objective where the tube is straight, but there it’s off balanced, and I think I’m going to run the eye cups on it- at least for now. So then the cups are dangling right in the way of the release lever on my anvil 30.

Then I also tried mounting it in the middle, right past the bridge. I think this is the best spot- but I don’t love how the ergonomics of the nl’s cause the sparrow to tilt at an angle. Which then forces your tripod head to be pointed down when looking straight.(or is it up? I may be misremembering)

Anyways. I’m curious for those of you with nl pures and a ba-7 sparrow. How do you have it mounted?

By the way, I’ve read all the reviews and comments on the sparrow, and agree that it is a well thought out, great design. Also really excited about it. Not having to deal with a tripod adapter anymore- or worry about loosing it

Last edited:
I'm interested in solutions here too. Was really thinking about moving to this to skip the need for the post on the Outdoorsman system.

Them pointing down a little bit doesn't seem like a big deal except when I'd go to put my straight spotter on and have to adjust the head to find the animal again. That's the whole reason I use straight spotters, so that might be a non starter for me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk