Optic for 8.6 BLK project?

I'm putting together this Sig Cross Trax 8.6 BLK project, but still waiting for my barrel to come in. (12" BSF carbon fiber) I have been researching scopes for this project for what seems like an eternity and am crippled by option paralysis.
I'm looking for a compact scope, think Steiner, USO TS-12X, NF 2.5-20, etc.
Sub 13" length and 30oz weight (sub 20oz ideally)
Scope will be used exclusively for hunting, so light gathering and clarity are important, as is being able to see the reticle. Conditions will generally be wooded and always sub 350 yards. Shooting subs, I assume I will need a fair amount of elevation travel (20 moa base on rifle)?
2-4x on the low end
30-34mm, illuminated
FFP or SFP? I'm open to whichever makes more sense.
I have discount access to expert voice, guidefitter, Leupold, etc. and would strongly prefer to stay under a grand.

Help?

cross.jpg

I'm putting together this Sig Cross Trax 8.6 BLK project, but still waiting for my barrel to come in. (12" BSF carbon fiber) I have been researching scopes for this project for what seems like an eternity and am crippled by option paralysis.
I'm looking for a compact scope, think Steiner, USO TS-12X, NF 2.5-20, etc.
Sub 13" length and 30oz weight (sub 20oz ideally)
Scope will be used exclusively for hunting, so light gathering and clarity are important, as is being able to see the reticle. Conditions will generally be wooded and always sub 350 yards. Shooting subs, I assume I will need a fair amount of elevation travel (20 moa base on rifle)?
2-4x on the low end
30-34mm, illuminated
FFP or SFP? I'm open to whichever makes more sense.
I have discount access to expert voice, guidefitter, Leupold, etc. and would strongly prefer to stay under a grand.

Help?

View attachment 753873

Stay away from the USO product. I bought one when I was searching for a short scope to mount on a PTR91 in .308.

8/10 of the parallax dial goes from 10-100 yds, then 1/10 from 100 yds to 200, and 1/10 from 200 yds to infinity. It is a miserable optic as a result.

350 yds with subs is going to be about 12 mils of drop from a 100 yd zero, so whatever you pick make sure that it has the elevation adjustment that you need.

OP
fountainjl
I use a 1x8 nightforce , but I’m only hunting 200 yards and in for pigs at night
View attachment 754666
Man that's awesome. Truthfully, I would much prefer a Fix, but couldn't convince myself to spend the money. Ultimately, I'll end up in the same ballpark by the time I'm done with my Cross Trax. (Always seems to be the case when you don't buy what you Really wanted.) I've strongly considered going with an LPVO, but having never hunted with one, I wasn't sure if the light gathering would be similar to what I'm used to in my Leupolds. That PA PLXc compact 1-8 with the Nova reticle definitely piqued my interest for this project.

Blue72

WKR
Man that's awesome. Truthfully, I would much prefer a Fix, but couldn't convince myself to spend the money. Ultimately, I'll end up in the same ballpark by the time I'm done with my Cross Trax. (Always seems to be the case when you don't buy what you Really wanted.) I've strongly considered going with an LPVO, but having never hunted with one, I wasn't sure if the light gathering would be similar to what I'm used to in my Leupolds. That PA PLXc compact 1-8 with the Nova reticle definitely piqued my interest for this project.
You might be surprised of the light gathering of LPVO's. Since magnification tends to be much lower, the exit pupils are huge.

Plus many come with 300 BO BDC reticles which is similar to 8.6 BO trajectory

Presswood_936

Lil-Rokslider
That cross trax is pretty sick , I didn’t know that gun was even a thing . The fix is a good choice especially since they are giving away a silencer with them until 8/31