open or peep

philw

Lil-Rokslider
Good question, but I don't know the answer. I've used an FO front bead with a peep, that was a good combination, I'm sure you could find one that works. IIRC mine was again, just the factory T/C front bead.

BuckSnort

WKR
Sounds like my setup (FO front bead w/ rear Williams Peep) .. The stock sights on my Omega were FO front and rear sights, although I'm a fan of FO sights I believe that both of them together helped me lose a shot at a buck.. I had stalked a buck and got to about 80 yards and drew a bead on him, he was towards the sun and the stock sights gathered so much light that it was basically a glowing halo of red and green covering most of his body and I couldn't even concentrate on his vitals for the shot... When I got home from that hunt I replaced the rear sight with the Williams Peep and have been more than happy with the combo..

philw

Lil-Rokslider
Wow, never thought of that scenario, but I can see it happening. I had the opposite happen to me. One year I had an elk tag and a buck tag. Hunted all day and didn't see much, walked about 8 miles. I was walking back to camp, right at dusk, in a canyon with cloud cover. Walked right up on a young buck (30 yards) with its head down in the sage grazing, I couldn't see it's horns and was thinking "I've got a buck tag so I know that's a doe for sure" when he raised his head up, looked around (I was still as a stone) and then put his head down again, offering a broadside shot with his head in the sage. So then I was thinking "it's almost dark, no way I'll be able to see the sights" but those things just glowed like a beacon, so I got the buck. Not a trophy, but good eating. I don't think I could've made the shot with irons.

Hey Robby, The reading glasses won't work. The sights will be in focus but the target will be blurry; at least that is my experience.