One Turkey decoy

stump06

WKR
IMG_3991.JPGIMG_3913.JPGIMG_0354.JPG

3 of my last 4 birds have been killed behind a 3/4 strut Jake and a laid down hen. It is absolutely deadly. I ordered a 1/2 strut Jake but never used it. one other thing I like about the hen is you can just throw her out, you don't have to stake her. I need to find one bag to carry them in as I don't put one out without the other. You want to put the Jake almost on top of the hen when setting up. Boy it pisses them off when they see it!

UpTop

Lil-Rokslider
Funky Chicken, baby!
We bought one just for fun and it really does work! Best part is it weighs nothing and takes up very little space. We have some great video of that thing getting beat up

I rarely use a decoy running and gunning national forest. I do have a funky chicken that I've used a few times and has worked well.

I don't use a vest, just a glenda green minimalist satchel. If needed I can stuff that decoy in there too though.

Single decoy, I'd lean towards either upright hen or feeding hen from DSD.

FYI - there's a giveaway going on right now by SELFILMED for a DSD Breeding Pair.

tap09

FNG
View attachment 551927View attachment 551928View attachment 551930

3 of my last 4 birds have been killed behind a 3/4 strut Jake and a laid down hen. It is absolutely deadly. I ordered a 1/2 strut Jake but never used it. one other thing I like about the hen is you can just throw her out, you don't have to stake her. I need to find one bag to carry them in as I don't put one out without the other. You want to put the Jake almost on top of the hen when setting up. Boy it pisses them off when they see it!
Agree! This was my setup this Spring- Toms came running!

I have always used the DSD breeding pair. If I had to go with one, maybe just the Jake decoy.

I like the picture the pair paints.