Once in a Lifetime Opportunity for Roosevelt Elk in British Columbia Canada

Flyrod

Lil-Rokslider
Well… our Limited Entry Hunt draw system released it's results earlier this month and I'm still in shock. I'm extremely fortunate to have been selected to have the opportunity to take a bull from the upper Stave Lake region in the south west corner of BC. The heard I can draw from was transplanted in 2007-08. Here's some history..
https://www.bchydro.com/bcrp/projects/docs/bridge_river/07.W.SFN.02.pdf

Pretty interesting details and history of this heard, and others that have been placed for repopulation.
Last year was the first year for this hunt ,as the populations have seemed to thrive in the last 8 years. 3 tags were offered last year, and I have drawn 1 of the 3 for this year. My window of opportunity is from Oct 10-Nov 20.

Access to this region is by boat or even Jet boat if I choose to hunt up the river that flows into the lake. Which we will be doing as most reports are that is where they like to be. I'll be using a rifle.
Should prove to be quite the adventure. Scouting trips will be commencing shortly as this is practically my back yard. Once it opens it will be weekends for the first half of the opening, and if unsuccessful I will reassess and spend some weekdays up there too.
Google Earth shows the upper river valley to be quite steep and rugged…. and theres goat up there too!

Anyways.. thats about it for now. I hope to provide updates to this thread if there's interest.
Wish this Elk virgin luck!

Congratulations on the draw. I feel spoiled for being able to chase Roosevelt's every year over the counter. Looking forward to seeing your hunt come to fruition. Hunt hard and Good Luck! Roosevelt's in my area are hard earned.

bourbon

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome. Good luck and please keep up posted with stories of the scouting trips and pics if possible.

OP
F

Flyrod

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks everyone. I'll definitely keep my adventures current.
Celebrated my draw with some new bino's and chest rig. Vortex Razor 10x42 HD and an AGC compact in Highlander! Very pleased….

ddocouto

FNG
Well… our Limited Entry Hunt draw system released it's results earlier this month and I'm still in shock. I'm extremely fortunate to have been selected to have the opportunity to take a bull from the upper Stave Lake region in the south west corner of BC. The heard I can draw from was transplanted in 2007-08. Here's some history..
https://www.bchydro.com/bcrp/projects/docs/bridge_river/07.W.SFN.02.pdf

Pretty interesting details and history of this heard, and others that have been placed for repopulation.
Last year was the first year for this hunt ,as the populations have seemed to thrive in the last 8 years. 3 tags were offered last year, and I have drawn 1 of the 3 for this year. My window of opportunity is from Oct 10-Nov 20.

Access to this region is by boat or even Jet boat if I choose to hunt up the river that flows into the lake. Which we will be doing as most reports are that is where they like to be. I'll be using a rifle.
Should prove to be quite the adventure. Scouting trips will be commencing shortly as this is practically my back yard. Once it opens it will be weekends for the first half of the opening, and if unsuccessful I will reassess and spend some weekdays up there too.
Google Earth shows the upper river valley to be quite steep and rugged…. and theres goat up there too!

Anyways.. thats about it for now. I hope to provide updates to this thread if there's interest.
Wish this Elk virgin luck!
Thanks everyone. I'll definitely keep my adventures current.
Celebrated my draw with some new bino's and chest rig. Vortex Razor 10x42 HD and an AGC compact in Highlander! Very pleased….
Hi. Just wondering how your hunt went. I got a draw for that area this year.