Ollin Case used in daily life or swap every time in field?

Hi All,

Please forgive my ignorance, but just got a new phone and would rather not buy multiple cases if not needed.

So, if I go with the Ollin digiscope setup, are people running the same case in daily life or do you have to swap it every time going to digiscope?

Is that offset square where the camera is fixed or does it move so it doesn't dig into your leg when it's on?

Thanks,

Steve

It's not a daily use case in my opinion. It's the thing holding it back from being a near perfect system.

Case isn't great for one. And I have an iPhone, and I lose all but the one camera, the flashlight (which is honestly very annoying when hunting as I use that surprisingly often) and the sensors in that area as well.

I would love if they'd figure out a way to have it stow out of the way -- swing down on a hinge maybe? Have it removable quad lock style? They are the best on the market right now but there is still room for improvement imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
L
Thanks guys, that about answers it. Bummer, but figure digiscoping is still in its infancy, so will get better eventually. Will likely hold off this year getting into it.

I'm not saying I wouldn't have it, just that I wouldn't use that case as a daily carry.

It is so dang fast in the field -- I would have definitely missed footage of animals if I didn't have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NickyD

Lil-Rokslider
I have an iPhone and it’s not offset (left/right) like the pictures show on the website. I’m guessing it depends on the phone and camera orientation.

I just got the case about 2 weeks ago and have been using it as my primary case. I can see why some would find it annoying but i personally think it’s fine. At the very least, you should have no issue having it on at all times during a hunt/scouting trip

pirogue

WKR
I’m not familiar with the Ollin setup, but sounds like a lot of extra baggage. Maybe you should go with the Magview. Just slap a magnet on your existing case. Works fine with my IPhone 15 ProMax. Also allows charging in my vehicle charging tray. Tooke them a long time to get the app to work with IPhone 15, but does now.

waspocrew

WKR
The Ollie case is totally fine for everyday use, but it will obscure the light/flash on your phone. Not really a big deal at all.

I just pop my phone into the case when I want to use it.

FAAFO

Lil-Rokslider
I bought and returned an Ollin strictly due to the case issues already mentioned. Was told by the rep to stay tuned for an updated case. With a few tweaks it could be the perfect system.
The updated version is out and will fit your existing case

khunter

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys, that about answers it. Bummer, but figure digiscoping is still in its infancy, so will get better eventually. Will likely hold off this year getting into it.
worth noting you can rip that Ollin piece off their case and stick it onto a new/better case with double side tape, including when you upgrade phones you can move rpthat part to a different case. That is a plus to me.

JDMBEND

Lil-Rokslider
I must be missing something. It takes me less than 30 seconds to switch my every day case to the Ollin case.

Been keeping the case on since I got it mostly to lazy to take off. Does suck having no flashlight, camera is limited as well. Nice when I'm in the truck and I want to get some decent pics of a brown bear to send home though lol

WyldGoose

FNG
The case isn’t super bulky to me, but as mentioned, it does block one of the camera lenses and flashlight. Also, the magnet seems to affect the GPS/compass when I use OnX.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just took the eye piece on a trip to scout for moose only didn't put the case on my phone and left it at home- so no pictures.

I wish I didn't hate the case so much, thinking about going to back to a different system.

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk