OFFICIAL Peterson Cartridge Customer Support Thread

I used Peterson brass for the first time yesterday, 6mm CM LRP. Very good intial impressions, seems like great brass and on par with my Lapua baseline data. Accuracy was excellent on the virgin brass, gtg in my book. Extra points for the nice packaging as well. I see more in my future.

Its always great to see real time manufacturer support and interaction, kudos to Peterson for this thread.

Peterson.jpg4350 and 108s.jpg

I used Peterson brass for the first time yesterday, 6mm CM LRP. Very good intial impressions, seems like great brass and on par with my Lapua baseline data. Accuracy was excellent on the virgin brass, gtg in my book. Extra points for the nice packaging as well. I see more in my future.

Its always great to see real time manufacturer support and interaction, kudos to Peterson for this thread.

View attachment 715530View attachment 715531
We are glad to hear our casings are meeting and exceeding your expectations! Thank You for shooting Peterson! 👊🏻

You can also find our list of casings on our website here: Match-Grade Brass Rifle Casings
Current Offerings:

• 22 Creedmoor (+ SRP)
  • 6mm BR Norma (SRP only) (Exclusively through Graf & Sons)
  • 6mm Dasher (SRP only)
  • 6 x 47 Lapua (SRP only)
  • 6mm XC (+SRP)
  • 6mm Creedmoor (+ SRP)
  • .243 Win (+ SRP)
  • 25 Creedmoor (+ SRP)
  • .257 Wby Mag
  • 6.5 x 47 Lapua (SRP only)
  • 6.5 Creedmoor (+ SRP)
  • .260 Rem (+ SRP)
  • 6.5-284 Norma
  • 6.5 PRC
  • 6.5 Wby RPM
  • 26 Nosler
  • 6.5-300 Wby Mag
  • .270 Win
  • .270 Wby Mag
  • 27 Nosler
  • 7mm BR (SRP only) *Likely to be discontinued
  • 7mm-08 Rem
  • .284 Win (Exclusively through Graf & Sons)
  • .280 Rem
  • .280 Ack Imp
  • 7mm Rem Mag
  • 7mm Rem Mag – Long
  • 7 PRC
  • 7mm Wby Mag
  • 28 Nosler
  • 7mm Rem Ultra Mag
  • .308 Win (+ SRP)
  • .30-06 Sprg
  • .300 Win Mag
  • .300 Win Mag – Long
  • 300 PRC
  • 30 Nosler
  • .300 Wby Mag
  • .300 Norma Mag
  • .300 Rem Ultra Mag
  • 7.62 x 54R Match (.312”) *Likely to be discontinued
  • .338 Wby RPM
  • 33 Nosler
  • .340 Wby Mag
  • .338 Norma Mag
  • .338 Lapua Mag
  • 33 XC
  • .338 EnABELR
  • .375 EnABELR
  • 9.5 x 77 (.375 CheyTac®)
  • 10.36 x 77 (.408 CheyTac®)
In Development:
  • 6mm ARC
  • 270 WSM
  • 300 WSM
  • 416 Barrett
We do not have a timeline for when these may be completed. We are hoping to complete 6mm ARC this year. The 416 Barrett & WSM's will likely be in 2025.

We now have around 60 different casing variants total! We have 3 cells that make 3 different chamberings 24/7! In a calendar years time, we can only make 20-30 of our case offerings. Hopefully that clears some things up!

"Quality is more important than quantity. One home run is much better than two doubles." ~ Steve Jobs

*Updated 6/12/24
Peterson- need to add 6.8 Western and 7 Saum! You guys are in the business of selling brass right? People have been begging you guys to make it, but I see you have a long list that includes a bunch of old obsolete cartridges and several pure wildcat cartridges that I highly doubt you sell much of. Tip- listen to your customers , or someone else will.

Peterson- need to add 6.8 Western and 7 Saum! You guys are in the business of selling brass right? People have been begging you guys to make it, but I see you have a long list that includes a bunch of old obsolete cartridges and several pure wildcat cartridges that I highly doubt you sell much of. Tip- listen to your customers , or someone else will.
Get’em!!!!

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it all, the positive and negative! I have added your requests to our tracker and it is always referenced when our caliber development committee meets. Unfortunately, the process of developing a new caliber with our state of the art equipment can take 2-3+ years...

I may have missed it, but what new cartridges do you actually have plans to make brass for?

At this point, it doesn’t really appear to be that much, which is definitely a let down. 223 would be awesome, 7 SAUM would also be a great seller.

Apparently Peterson Cartridge Company has no interest in any market other than the guys shooting the latest fad chambers at a thousand yards.
For the rest of us,
" unfortunately, we have no plans", so go piss up a rope.
I'll look to Hornady, Starline, Lapua and others. Peterson can kiss my as s.
You hit the nail on the head there.
I may have missed it, but what new cartridges do you actually have plans to make brass for?

At this point, it doesn’t really appear to be that much, which is definitely a let down. 223 would be awesome, 7 SAUM would also be a great seller.
They’ve been saying all year that 6 arc, 270wsm, 300wsm and 416 Barret are in development and to be released this year. Over half through 2024 year and they can’t give a release timeline. Now the Barrets and the WSMs are probably going to be 2025.

Last edited:
Apparently Peterson Cartridge Company has no interest in any market other than the guys shooting the latest fad chambers at a thousand yards.
For the rest of us,
" unfortunately, we have no plans", so go piss up a rope.
I'll look to Hornady, Starline, Lapua and others. Peterson can kiss my as s.
Sorry you feel this way... I can assure you that we are doing the best we can to keep our current offerings available and bringing new ones to the market when they're ready! As stated in an earlier thread, we are a 3-cell 24/7 operation and we can't physically make our nearly 60 different offerings within a 24 month period. Developing new calibers is a 2-3+ year process and we simply can't make everything for everyone unfortunately. We sure wish we could!

This is a perfect illustration of why many vendors don't support and engage on forums.. They make brass for a ton of different cartridges but if they don't make it for that one someone wants they get all butthurt and act like Peterson kicked their dog and called their wife a whore.

You hit the nail on the head there.

They’ve been saying all year that 6 arc, 270wsm, 300wsm and 416 Barret are in development and to be released this year. Over half through 2024 year and they can’t give a release timeline. Now the Barrets and the WSMs are probably going to be 2025.
All 4 of these calibers in development come with their own implications. We had to design cups for 2 of them, the raw material we start with, from scratch. We've had to modify an entire cell to accommodate the massive size of the Barrett casings and still needs further improvements. We've gone through multiple iterations of tooling for each caliber, this takes several months to modify and reproduce. We have to schedule in down time for a cell to do caliber development, this means no casings are being produced to go out the door! Just these things alone have been over a 7 figure investment. The sure fact of the matter is that we will not rush anything to market. Any casing that we produce will have the Peterson quality you expect! We ensure that it is safe and will provide you with improved results at the target! We pride ourselves with being a family-owned American manufacturer, being in the business for less than a decade, we are still growing and appreciate all of our customers and their patience!

Back