Odor eliminator/inhibitor

I just got a weighted vest. It is made from a neoprene material and it is a pain to remove and reinsert the weights so washing it will be a pain. Does anyone use a spray to keep gear from getting stinky? Looking for options.

I feel like you can mitigate the stink factor by making sure it dries quickly. Put it in the sun or in front of a fan after use. I did a lot of running in a weighted vest last summer and it never had any odor. If it does develop odor, an ozone machine is very effective at neutralizing it. Supposedly it breaks down elastic over time but I have never had an issue.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Ozone really is the way to go. I was an early adopter, way before it took off. Many more applications outside hunting than I ever expected, money well spent.

I feel like you can mitigate the stink factor by making sure it dries quickly. Put it in the sun or in front of a fan after use. I did a lot of running in a weighted vest last summer and it never had any odor. If it does develop odor, an ozone machine is very effective at neutralizing it. Supposedly it breaks down elastic over time but I have never had an issue.

What is your ozone setup like? Keep it contained, or just in the garage or something? I was of the understanding that long exposure to ozone wasn’t great for your lungs.

What is your ozone setup like? Keep it contained, or just in the garage or something? I was of the understanding that long exposure to ozone wasn’t great for your lungs.
It's just a home ozone machine. Paid like $70 for it. If I treat gear I put it in a tote. Doesn't need but maybe 5 mins. I use it in vehicles too. Also works great if you really destroy the bathroom....

It's just a home ozone machine. Paid like $70 for it. If I treat gear I put it in a tote. Doesn't need but maybe 5 mins. I use it in vehicles too. Also works great if you really destroy the bathroom....

That’s a great call. I’ll definitely have to look into picking up one of these. Vehicle use was my next question!

Gear Aid ReviveX Odor Eliminator
It's made for wet suits, tents and other smelly stuff. I used it on an old mildewy pack and it worked great.

Back