Odd thing happened to me....

OP
mfllood3800
Timekiller,

Can you come hunt with me?
I apparently need a medical services employee with me at all times.

OP
mfllood3800
So 5MB
If you had to choose one would you take the Tramadol or the loratab?
I refuse to be on opiods for too long.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I have a friend who has upper back and neck issues
I think you guys with upper problems have it worst than us with lower

When dealing with the spine and nerve issues, all those issues are bad. Neurosurgeon wants to do a 4-level fusion on my neck. As long as I can still function I'm refusing that. Last year was close after hunting season as the motor nerves were severely diminished taking away a lot of function, and also had numbness in right arm and hand. It's better for now, but the pain never goes away. And the worst might be the headaches when they come on. I was fine on opioids because they allowed me to function, I just don't want to deal with the long term effects and such. And after the 2010 episode with my hearing, it seems every medication affects that ear now.

As for either or........I won't touch Tramadol again. It also permanently made my ears ring, didn't have that at all before I took it. Now they ring 24/7. The worst part was, when the right ear went deaf.......the ringing didn't stop and even got worse so that's all I could hear, but nothing else. But I also wouldn't take the Lortab every day. I still have some Norco left (basically the same thing) from 2011, and I'll only take it when the pain gets so bad that I can't function very well.

Last edited:
OP
mfllood3800
I went to a Neurologist and he said there is nothing operable he can see that would work.
My wife just had a lower lumbar fusion and some other stuff (removing growing ligaments that attached to a nerve), by a new younger Neurologist. I may check him out and see if there is a chance that something new has been discovered.

I appreciate every ones input