Oaoidjfmdmekm

I would highly recommend a rewrite on this. It sounds like you believe you are entitled to specific information just for showing up. I’m guessing that is not your intent or you’re just unaware that Western hunting is popular enough that posting drainages would just ruin them.

I don’t believe you know the norms and I’d recommend starting over with much more caution and appreciation and tact.

Throw a dart on the map. If it hits in a general unit go there. If it doesn't, throw the dart again until it does. The best teacher will be yourself. Go have experiences and learn. I know that's not what you want to hear, but trust me. It's the best way, and you'll only know that after you do it.

Rob5589

WKR
Welcome to the forum, I think. Did you happen to look at the IDFG website? Hunter numbers. Kill success. Doe vs buck. How many points. Available land. Info on Access Yes areas. And more is all at your finger tips. Just fyi, been to ID four seasons now and still have yet to find a "honey hole." Good luck.

You can find deer in the woods. To bad your not going to have a leupold on your rifle it's the only way to kill them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Shoot2HuntU
Not sure where you live but it's cheaper and much easier to learn in your home state. You'll figure things out much faster if you can hunt every weekend as opposed to one trip.

Justin_Tree

Lil-Rokslider
There are deer in every general unit. As other have mentioned use resources that are available online to help narrow your search. On thing I love about mule deer is that they live in a variety of habitat. Go hunt the type of country you enjoy and give it your best effort.

fixed her up a bit. Keep in mind I’m just a kid here hoss not an adult. Maybe take it easier on the next guy You don’t know what kinda day he’s been having
If you are just a kid, then how about a "sir" rather than "hoss"? If you want to be treated like a kid, then act like a kid and show a little respect to your elders. They just might be more willing to help you out. Just giving you a little friendly advice, young man.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

When you write a post sounding like an entitled child and insulting half the members, you probably won’t get much help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is boomer a derogatory term for baby boomer? Is it the new geezer? I’ve seen it a couple times now but it’s been thrown out in fragment sentences with no context so I’m having trouble pinning it down.

Yes. It’s an attempt at an insult that entitled brats use now. Not sure how it’s supposed to be hurtful though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lif

WKR
This seems to be more and more common on here. Newbies acting like they paid for a membership that entitles them to your favorite hunting spots. The world we live in I guess.

Richieber

FNG
The OP wrote this knowing the reply he was going to get, so why bother if you know already how it's going to be received? Instead of asking for specific or general areas in my opinion you should have been asking where/how can I aquire information to make logical decisions until I can get boots on the ground. This is coming from someone traveling across the US this fall on a first time DIY antelope hunt who has gone through this already. As for "OK boomer...". you've got to be kidding, good luck getting any advice or help from anyone after trying to insult them. Learn from this and do better next time.

I get asking for help or some sort of direction. It can feel completely daunting to not know so much going in. The journey of learning a pathway to success is one of the best rewards you can receive from yourself. I've asked for help here and received it. Help, not a handout. Not a buck tied to a tree. If you want or get the latter it will be extremely unfulfilling and one would have to question why you would be interested in hunting in the first place. There are more resources available for today's hunter than ever before, use them. Do your due diligence, crunch numbers if you will, make an educated choice and just go and have fun. That's kinda the point.

I thought you google kids knew how to search things, this forum has a search tab and I guarantee you it holds all the info you are looking for. Be a big boy and exhaust all your resources before asking. Don’t be a little brat.

fixed her up a bit. Keep in mind I’m just a kid here hoss not an adult. Maybe take it easier on the next guy You don’t know what kinda day he’s been having
You just got valuable advice on how to approach people in a way that they might actually feel like helping you. He could have been a lot less polite and still not been out of line.

Robby Denning has a solid book on hunting mule deer that should answer a lot of your questions, and there are probably almost a decade worth of conversations on here about deer behavior you can search to your heart's content. Google works way better than the Rokslide search function in my opinion (include "site:rokslide.com" without the quotes along with whatever you're searching for). Good luck.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk