O/U shotgun for Lefty

I've wanted a Browning Cynergy for some time. Just simply a Want. Not a need. As I am ready to retire in a year I will be much more of a bird hunter than a Waterfowler. But right now I am 80% waterfowl.

My main shotgun is a Lefty VersaMax. Once I changed the stock shims, it's been Money. That said I am a pretty terrible wing shot. Ducks when I can prep for them and work them over decoys can be not terribly challenging. But upland....ouch.

I for sure need more training and reps.

But the question....for a rough and tumble O/U gun.....what is out there? I suggest the Cynergy due to ceraKote and possibly an adjustable stock? Or only comb height?

I don't need the 3.5" but would like a 3".

Also wanted to ask what are the major advantages/disadvantages to barrel length? 26 vs 28 vs 30? Is a 26" really noticeable from 28"

Any suggestions? I am cheap. $2300 would be the max. Even that is too much. $1800 more reasonable.

The Benelli has adjustable cast and drop shims. Very rare in O/U shotguns. Otherwise you need to find a cast on for a lefty. there are some out there in higher end manufacturers.

I like the beretta O/U over browning. Both are great guns just personal preference. I’ve switched to 20 gauge and my shooting ability has increased. Much more fun to carry and shoot than 12 gauge. Barrel length in shotgun is simply preference, not performance based.

hunt1up

WKR
I'm a lefty and went back and forth over which O/U I wanted to buy last year. I ended up with a Browning 725. I forget the exact model, a White Lightning I think? I'd have to check. I went with the Browning since they're neutral cast stocks. Before I took the dive into O/Us, I had no idea how much variation there can be in stock casting, and being a lefty makes it tricky.

Wheels

WKR
Lefty also, go somewhere where they can show you several guns and compare the cast on them. Probably the best you will find is a straight cast. Brownings are supposed to be neutral but many will be cast off. As for barrel length, that’s personal preference, I prefer a 28” length, helps me continue my swing with a little extra length.

OP
J
I have a CZ Swamp Magnum.....thought I had to have it. It's kind of POS. Not terribly impressed w it. Sometimes the second barrel fires, it's much cheaper assembled than I expected. And 3" are zero fun.

Was hoping for a synthetic stock also, as sometimes waiting for ducks...the buttstock is in the water when I am working birds, etc.

I recall lusting over that Ruger Red Label All Weather years ago. Was kinda hard to find then.

I didn't realize Browning also makes a synthetic Citori that's maybe sub $2K. Very different receivers and shotguns from the quick reading I've done/

Beretta makes lefties. Check Gun Broker and International Guns for some good used stock. I had one CZ and probably will not have another.

yfarm

WKR
Different model Citoris have different stocks, I prefer the round knob lightnings over the blockier models. My 12 has 3” chambers, have never shot those in it, the Citori Upland in 12ga with the straight stock has numerous reviews detailing the increased sense of recoil.