NWT Sheep gear decisions help

OutdoorsMD

Lil-Rokslider
I was there August 5-15. Bugs weren’t too bad. Had anywhere from 70 degrees to snow. I always filter my water. Yes most don’t but you have plenty of time and it is very quick to do for piece of mind. I have never had giardia but have seen people with it. No thanks. I typically wear one pair of under wear and bring one extra. Same with socks. If it is going to be really wet sometimes I will bring a second pair. I prefer the kutana because they are a bit more durable than the attacks but the key is they dry from sweat and water quicker. They aren’t quite as warm or comfortable but if is cold very easy just to throw on rainpants overtop or a light baselayer underneath. These two pics one was Aug 6 other was August 10th. 40 degree temp difference.IMG_3479.jpegIMG_3548.jpeg

mulecreek

FNG
My $0.02. Make sure guide will have spotter, he will. Leave yours at home. Will most likely only come out to determine legality. Those NWT rams aren't going anywhere and no one else is going to come shoot him out from under you. Point being, you have tons of time to determine legality and get photos and video if you so desire. You will have plenty of time to get eye strain with only one spotter.

Bring your own tent. Your guide will love you for it as well. Carry your own food. Do not bring extra clothes in your spike camps. Don't need extra socks or UW. Leave them at base camp. Water filter is unnecessary. But if its going to keep you up at night worrying bring one. Base clothing insulation levels on the fact that in Aug, you will spend more time sweating than you will shivering.

Good luck!

medvedyt

WKR
Here's the details: First 10 days this August. Chopper supported into base camp then "day hunt" returning to camp each day.

Rain coat: I have both. Either Kuiu Chugach or Kutana

Puffy: I have both. Either Kuiu Super down pro or Super down Lt

Spotter....bring or no. I could always bring and leave in tent if pack weight becomes an issue for me?

I'm around 33-37 lb for day pack depending on decisions above. This is INCLUDING rifle, 7 rounds ammo and 1L water
what did your outfitter recommended you?

OP
j3butch

j3butch

WKR
what did your outfitter recommended you?
Haha, tough to get a straight answer. I get it though, everyone is different and has different tolerance for weight & comfort. I'm just trying to get as many opinions as I can

medvedyt

WKR
yes but he / she knows the place more than the advices you can get even if they re good they might not work for you easier to contact the previous references as well.
3 years ago i was in the nahanni but just on the Yukon side at the same time and one day was warm and crazy the next we get snow the next rain ... so all in between can happen and i will say i will take the spotter and when arriving at the base camp ask the outfitter if the guide has a good one and if you need/want one take it.

best of the luck. it is coming fast and less and less snow on some mountains ...