NV/CA/AZ residents-Lake Mead quesiton

2ski

WKR
I know there is a lot of NV/CA/AZ residents on Rokslide, so I thought I put this out here. Not a hunting question, but any of you spend any amount of time on Lake Mead? Just found out I'm going to Lake Mead for Memorial Day weekend and staying on a houseboat. I don't know anything about the lake other than its backed up by the Hoover Dam and what I've found online. If any of you guys could PM me and give me a little info, places to go, places not to go, things I should know before I go, ect., it would be greatly appreciated. I know its not a hunting question, but there is no off-topic section to the forum, so I thought I might try here.

Hardstalk

WKR
Bring a spotting scope!! Moster sheep all around that lake. If your in a houseboat im guessing you will be in calville. Just get to a high beach and your bound to see them coming to water.

Slim Jim

WKR
What do you plan on doing there? Fish, party, just hang with family? The narrows and sandy beach (not so sandy anymore because lake is so low) is where a lot of young people go to party. The narrows do have good fishing though. The upper basin on the AZ side will get you away from people and some good fishing out towards Temple bar and Grand wash but its far if you dock in the lower basin. There is also good fishing out of Echo bay to the Overton arm. That should get you started

OP

2ski

WKR
Thank you. Appreciate the info. If it were up to me, there'd be a little fishing involved. But, knowing the people that put the trip together, we're going to party or to just chill in a cove somewhere. I don't know, maybe I'll smuggle my flyrod onto the boat or something. A little more difficult to take a spinning rod in a suitcase. I will difinately take some sort of glass to check out the sheep on the shore. We will be flying into vegas and spending one night there, and then continuing on to Lake Mead the next day, so I imagine we will be getting the boat somewhere close to Vegas.

How is boat traffic? Because it's such a big lake does everyone kind of spread out so traffic is not insane?