NV Antelope area 141+

JasonGNV

FNG
Hello, first time posting but I've been lurking awhile. Drew a rifle antelope in area 141, 143 151-156 and have never hunted the area or antelope. Just wondering if anyone knows the area and has any tips. Not wanting your honey holes just a nudge in the right direction. I have some areas in mind after maps and Google earth searches. Holding to try with my bow spot and stalk first but rifles always an option! Hopefully drawing a archery muley tag in the neighboring unit so I can have an extended hunt. Any info is much appreciated and won't be wasted. Thanks in advance, Jason

OP
JasonGNV

JasonGNV

FNG
Went out Friday after the opener with my son, didn't see anything. Found him Saturday morning and chased/stalked him a couple miles until I sealed the deal at 300yds.

Attachments

• IMG_20130824_093829_218.jpg
    IMG_20130824_093829_218.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 123
Went out Friday after the opener with my son, didn't see anything. Found him Saturday morning and chased/stalked him a couple miles until I sealed the deal at 300yds.
Great buck! I'd love to pick your brain about the hunt. I too am a lurker so I can't PM yet. -Mark

Well I was able to spend 9 days down there, learned a ton about bow hunting antelope. I was really surprised to see how low the density of antelope was. However, my only reference point was my last pronghorn hunt that had a very high density. Also, the area is absolutely huge! Got what I would consider about 6 opportunities at a goat. If I could've spent the whole season there I might've been able to make it happen. Thanks to all for the help.

WormSportsman

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds like a darn good time and hunting antelope with a bow is a heck of a challenge. Next time you will be that much further ahead if you are able to get that tag again.