nutritional supplements

Started training ablut 5 weeks ago for colorado backpack hunt next september if all works out well. Bout half way through some cheap creatine and protien powders and will need to restock soon. Been eating lean hamburger meat and tuna fish like a starved back country bear!! Any advice on some good supplements to aid in strength and endurance?? Im 27 yrs old so getting in good shape wont he to terribly hard. But if Im going to train harder than I have ever before, i just as well go all out and get tue maximum results. Other than the anabolic route, I am aware that it takes time... but 25 lbs of raw muscle in 6 weeks was crazy!!!

shaun

WKR
It all depends on what your goals are and were you are starting from. Obviously to be humping the mountains you want to be lean not "Big". I found that out the hard way! Last year I was the biggest I ever was 245 @ 8%BF and it did ABSOLUTLY no good on the mountain (actually made things much worse!). Personally I am not a fan of creatine I think is is a waste of money unless you want to carry water. People swear by it for recovery but there are other products out there such as Gasparri Nutritions Glycofuse. I personally take 2g of protein per lb daily witch puts me at 440G per day either from supplements or food. Some people might think it is too much at 2g and take 1.5g it is just a personal choice I guess.I would also look into BCAA (Branch Chain Amino Acids) they are one of the most over looked supplements by everyone even myself for awhile, BCAA's make up 35% of your muscles and must be present in the body for muscle growth and also aid in recovery. Some proteins have them others dont. You can also purchase them in Tab or powder forms. Diet is the biggest part of building lean body mass. I would concentrate on your white meats (chicken, turkey etc.) unless if you have any elk in the freezer haha. If you are eating red meats concentrate on your lean cuts and portions (6-10oz). For carbs make sure they are wholesome complex carbs from foods such as sweet potatoes, brown rice, whole grain breads (preferably toasted). I reccomend staying away from simple carbs while dieting unless on a cheat day due to the fact that they spike insulin levels. Of course you want your vegetables too. This quick run down should be able to help you out and get you started in the right direction.

BSeals71

WKR
It all depends on what your goals are and were you are starting from. Obviously to be humping the mountains you want to be lean not "Big". I found that out the hard way! Last year I was the biggest I ever was 245 @ 8%BF and it did ABSOLUTLY no good on the mountain (actually made things much worse!). Personally I am not a fan of creatine I think is is a waste of money unless you want to carry water. People swear by it for recovery but there are other products out there such as Gasparri Nutritions Glycofuse. I personally take 2g of protein per lb daily witch puts me at 440G per day either from supplements or food. Some people might think it is too much at 2g and take 1.5g it is just a personal choice I guess.I would also look into BCAA (Branch Chain Amino Acids) they are one of the most over looked supplements by everyone even myself for awhile, BCAA's make up 35% of your muscles and must be present in the body for muscle growth and also aid in recovery. Some proteins have them others dont. You can also purchase them in Tab or powder forms. Diet is the biggest part of building lean body mass. I would concentrate on your white meats (chicken, turkey etc.) unless if you have any elk in the freezer haha. If you are eating red meats concentrate on your lean cuts and portions (6-10oz). For carbs make sure they are wholesome complex carbs from foods such as sweet potatoes, brown rice, whole grain breads (preferably toasted). I reccomend staying away from simple carbs while dieting unless on a cheat day due to the fact that they spike insulin levels. Of course you want your vegetables too. This quick run down should be able to help you out and get you started in the right direction.

Good advice