NPS going cashless

As someone who pays for a lot of stuff with cash...

It's logistically a lot more work for the vendor.

I'm annoyed when places are cashless, but I understand why.

I was told they don't keep any cash on hand. No cash, no robbery. I went not a hospital back east and wanted to pay the bill with cash and have insurance reimburse me. They would not take cash, so they just sent statement to insurance. WTF, this is still America, or am I wrong.

Pay with CC, pay off CC, send bill to ins. co. Use the points to pay for flights hotels etc

Bluefish

WKR
Just the slow roll to a cashless society where they have full control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
May be true, but locally many retailers now give two prices, cash or card. Locally it doesn’t look like cash is going anywhere.

tony

WKR
Just got back from a cruise and the national parks visitor centers in Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands took greenbacks.

§5103. Legal tender

United States coins and currency (including Federal reserve notes and circulating notes of Federal reserve banks and national banks) are legal tender for all debts, public charges, taxes, and dues. Foreign gold or silver coins are not legal tender for debts.

The keyword is debts. Not sure how it works for a government entity, but private businesses are not required to allow you to incur a debt. Hence their ability refuse cash. Not a lawyer, but that's how I've seen it explained.

Wrench

WKR

§5103. Legal tender

United States coins and currency (including Federal reserve notes and circulating notes of Federal reserve banks and national banks) are legal tender for all debts, public charges, taxes, and dues. Foreign gold or silver coins are not legal tender for debts.

The keyword is debts. Not sure how it works for a government entity, but private businesses are not required to allow you to incur a debt. Hence their ability refuse cash. Not a lawyer, but that's how I've seen it explained.
Debts, PUBLIC CHARGES, TAXES AND DUES.

If the business has employees taking the money they prefer cashless cause the accounting is easier and no employee theft. If the business has the owners taking the money they'll often encourage cash cause then they can not declare the income and avoid taxes

Reactions: TVW