• 6.5 Creedmoor

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • 6mm Creedmoor

Votes: 28 31.5%

• Total voters

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
I voted for all 3 because I see them all as good options with the background given.

If hunting strictly solo, Id opt for either of the creedmoors. If a youll have someone to spot, no sweat taking the prc. Sorry, not much help ha!

ETA: if you don't use the 7prc for elk, I wonder why I'd own that rifle at all

Last edited:

Tbone26

FNG
I voted for all 3 because I see them all as good options with the background given.

If hunting strictly solo, Id opt for either of the creedmoors. If a youll have someone to spot, no sweat taking the prc. Sorry, not much help ha!

ETA: if you don't use the 7prc for elk, I wonder why I'd own that rifle at all
Valid point, I built a 7 prc for elk hunting so I may just stick with that plan. I will just keep my max range within my limitations.

The Guide

WKR
Really? Which matters most??? Wow
If all 3 rifles have accurate loads with sufficient ballistics and terminal performance at his self imposed distance limitations of 500 yards, why would you not choose the one that is the lightest and or most comfortable to carry? Please explain.

Jay

If all 3 rifles have accurate loads with sufficient ballistics and terminal performance at his self imposed distance limitations of 500 yards, why would you not choose the one that is the lightest and or most comfortable to carry? Please explain.

Jay
If they all had sufficient ballistics, I would take the one with the best ballistics. Personally, it sounds like his heaviest bullet is working best which is perfect.

The Guide

WKR
If they all had sufficient ballistics, I would take the one with the best ballistics. Personally, it sounds like his heaviest bullet is working best which is perfect.
Even if that one was the heaviest and an uncomfortable chassis stock? I'm just saying if they will all work and you plan to do lots of hiking, take the lightest most comfortable to carry AND shoot rifle. I've never been in the woods and wished for a heavier rifle. Then again I get out and hike distances off trail with high vertical changes.

Jay

Koda_

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks. I was leaning 7 PRC but with all the small caliber discussions I was second guessing myself. This group has so much more experience than I do I figured it could only help.
So then it sounds like your question is about best caliber not best rifle? There's a lot of discussion in this group in favor of using small calibers for elk size game but that doesn't represent the entire hunting community. If your second guessing yourself on your 6creed then go with a caliber your comfortable with especially for your first elk.

Your an experienced shooter Im curious why the self imposed 500yd limit?

SloppyJ

WKR
If there was $1k on the line that you had to make a first round impact on a water jug at 500yds, what would you pick?

That's your answer.