Nosler Partition vs nosler accubond

Wondering what everyones thoughts are on nosler Partition vs nosler accubond. Mainly white tail and elk.

Muskykris

Lil-Rokslider
Like stated above not necessarily needed for whitetail but both good choices on elk.
Hard to beat the performance of a partition

One downside to partition is the tips can get damaged.

I find them to be fairly accurate
Got my 300wm loaded with 200g partitions and shooting very well out to 700, haven’t shot past that as it’s not a cheap target round these days and I highly doubt I’ll ever shoot anything that far.

Tmac

WKR
Accubond, a bonded bullet with moderate BC. When introduced iirc, Nosler said it was designed to mimic partition performance in terms of weight retention.

Partition, not bonded, lower BC. The partition gold loaded by Winchester, I believe, was bonded in the front half, more like a Swift A frame.

I’ve shot both. To moderate range pick the one you and/or the gun likes best. Animal won’t know the difference. I’ve had good accuracy and terminal performance from both. Would not call either a LR bullet.

Rich M

WKR
Have a load NP 165 @ 3200 fps in 3006. The deer basically hit the ground before i shoot. We’ve used NPs for years. Nrver used accubonds cause we’re old.

KenLee

WKR
I have a good friend who has killed close to 300 whitetail with 140 gr Partitions from a model 70 7mm Rem mag. I've seen the devastating results and he has no complaints. Close in to 400 yards.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Those are my favorite bullets. I dabble with a bit of Barnes and hammer but 95% of the loading and shooting I do is with accubonds or partitions. I’ve found them to be more than accurate enough for what I like to do but I’m not a “long range” hunter. I’ve also found them easy to get shooting well with basic data from the nosler manuals without much Messing around.

I load:
-6.5 creedmoor: I have 130,140 and 150g accubonds but right now I’m really loving the 130s.
-308 win: 165 accubonds with varget are excellent.
-30-06: 180g accubond and partition is great
-300wm: 200g partitions/accubonds
-375HH: 260g accubonds and partitions. I’ve killed moose and brown bears with those.

KMW

FNG
I shot partitions for a time and had good results on close woods shots on whitetails. That said, I went away from using them due to the tips deforming over a season of loading, unloading and carrying rounds around in between hunts. "Fresh" rounds would perform great and shoot well out of my rifles, but I became concerned about accuracy when I started noticing deformed tips on my bullets after days of hunting. I can honestly say I never shot any of the deformed tipped rounds to confirm or deny that accuracy was effected, but I ended up going away from them because I was tired of looking at every round I put in my gun to inspect for deformed tips. Anyone else experience this and have any input as to whether or not the deformed lead tip has significant effect on accuracy or not with partitions?

In my experience the Partition is softer in the front and upsets more initially. The Accubond seems tougher up front and retains 60 to 70% weight consistently.

I’ve had no accuracy issues with either. I’ve also not had deformed lead tips cause any effect to accuracy I could see within 300 yards. We used to file off the lead tip and then hollow point it a little for gunning varmints. They were potent medicine.

Brooks

WKR
Both are great bullets. For reloading now days they are hard to find. I’ve killed bulls with both of them. One is as good as the other in my experience.

croben

Lil-Rokslider
I shoot the accubonds in my .300 RUM. The gun really likes them and shoots very accurate. I haven’t shot the partitions though so I can’t comment on them.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I shoot them both and it’s all I’ll use. I find both to be very accurate. In my experience, the tip deformation/accuracy issues with Partitions are a myth. I haven’t had any issues with accuracy cause of deformation.

I use the accubonds in numerous chamberings (260 Rem, 308, 7-08AI, 6.8SPC, 7X57, 280Rem, 30-06) and the partitions in a few (7RM, 300WM, .243).
The thing I like most about the Accubonds is that I can get a NBT load to shoot to pretty much the same POI and with the same accuracy as the AB load. That means I can practice with BTs and hunt with ABs.

The new Speer Grand Slams are pretty close to the Partitions and that is one of my projects now. Finding "range" loads with that bullet that mimic my hunting loads with Partitions.

How far you wanting to shoot? Accubond will retain velocity better allowing for longer shots (fps for reliable expansion).

Realistically? Grab whatever component you can get.