Nosler Partition vs nosler accubond

robtattoo

WKR
Three & 2 sixes.
Both work exactly as advertised.

Don't worry about deformed tips, it makes zero difference.

Last edited:

S.Radke

FNG
I've always used accubonds, found them to be more accurate out of my rifle at least.

logem

FNG
Both are great bullets. For reloading now days they are hard to find. I’ve killed bulls with both of them. One is as good as the other in my experience.
I've always used partitions for hunting and have great results., and want to keep reloading with them but partition (and accubond) bullets are not available anywhere that I look in 7mm 160gr. It's almost like Nosler stopped making good 7mm hunting bullets.

I've always used partitions for hunting and have great results., and want to keep reloading with them but partition (and accubond) bullets are not available anywhere that I look in 7mm 160gr. It's almost like Nosler stopped making good 7mm hunting bullets.

160 gr 7mm Partitions are available if you know where to look.

P

gerry35

WKR
I've used more Accubond's over Partition's and have found them generally easier to get to shoot. These days I use more Ballistic Tip's on average but still use the other two

Tobey

Lil-Rokslider
both of those bullets are awesome for both of the species you mentioned. actually, there isn't anything in north america that I wouldn't use a partion or accubond on. both expand fast enough to be destructive on lighter critters such as coues deer and pronghorn, both give all the penetration you might want for bigger things. mid to heavy weight ballistic tips have never failed me either. i'd stay away from the ablr, only nosler product i've had trouble with. I have zero experience with the e-tip bullets. I fool with a lot of bullets/loads but always work up a partition load for each of my hunting rigs, when in doubt, a partition is never the wrong bullet

Unckebob

WKR
I shot partitions for a time and had good results on close woods shots on whitetails. That said, I went away from using them due to the tips deforming over a season of loading, unloading and carrying rounds around in between hunts. "Fresh" rounds would perform great and shoot well out of my rifles, but I became concerned about accuracy when I started noticing deformed tips on my bullets after days of hunting. I can honestly say I never shot any of the deformed tipped rounds to confirm or deny that accuracy was effected, but I ended up going away from them because I was tired of looking at every round I put in my gun to inspect for deformed tips. Anyone else experience this and have any input as to whether or not the deformed lead tip has significant effect on accuracy or not with partitions?

At short range, would a deformed tip have made any difference?

Unckebob

WKR

Midway has Ballistic Tips in stock.

I don’t have a lot of experience with the Accubond but I’ve always been pleased with the Partition.

I wouldn’t consider either of them a long range bullet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

logem

FNG
Amazingly, I found exactly what I was seeking! 7mm Nosler Partition, 160 grain at Sportman's Warehouse online site. I ordered 100 bullets. With the 70 that I have, this should be plenty to finish developing my hand loaded hunting round, and no more worries for supply chain problems.

The partition is not an long range round,. I realize. Great out to 600 yards or so.

I think that these and the Swift A-frame are not made/available anymore because they cost so much to manufacture. Perhaps the additional cost is not justified by most consumers due to other good modern bullets on the market.

Anyway. Thanks.