Nosler Model 21

I was told the same “most likely today” and that we would be contacted in writing to confirm our return shipping address as it was a ATF requirement. I’ll also asked what the company was offering for the trouble (since that was offered by Nosler). I was told that it hadn’t been worked out as of our phone call and the decision was still with the Director.

I told that the folks I talked with that the person in charge of the comminution strategy should be fired, because in my honest opinion they are incompetent in how to communicate and resolve issues instead of ordering a gag on the flow of information.

Once again, I am receiving a rifle that has a newly formed design function that has not been field tested.

I am hopeful that the engineer at Nosler, said hey let’s test this with a whole lot of ammo manufactures and projectiles, not just min and max specs within their own offerings.

Again we know none of this because a consistent message has not been offered.

Brand new product launch, this review is now the third in the Google line up for The Nosler 21 review.
Thing is I gave them my address confirmation on Tuesday at lunch

Ok so just got a 3 minute voicemail from David. Long story short they shot the rifle to make sure it was accurate before they sent it back. There was a mark on the case after it was ejected. Upon inspection they noticed there was a “bur” in the barrel. So…. the gun is getting re barreled and will be sent back overnight the first of next week. 🙄

Be350ka

Lil-Rokslider
Ok so just got a 3 minute voicemail from David. Long story short they shot the rifle to make sure it was accurate before they sent it back. There was a mark on the case after it was ejected. Upon inspection they noticed there was a “bur” in the barrel. So…. the gun is getting re barreled and will be sent back overnight the first of next week. 🙄
Good lord. Again, had they actually tested these rifles before delivery I’m sure that these issues would have popped up before this volcano erupted. Even though I’ve walked away from this I can’t help but feel like part of the crowd who was let down and pushed aside. I specifically told D that I understand that issues happen,BUT how it’s handled from now on will make the biggest impression. I told him that mid Dec. And look at how it was handled.

Sorry that you guys continue to get the run around. I truly feel bad that the nightmare continues.

Bur…. I find that hard to believe with the way Shilen does their barrels. You hadn’t shot yours though, right?

I was talking to the owner of my gun store and he said all manufacturers should shoot their guns.

I hope they test shoot everyone and my gun is almost there. Curious if everyone’s will be rebarreled :-(

Sorry man…. I feel awful as I know I helped persuade your decision …. Mine was a shooter and I still love the feel and design. My gun, obviously, hasn’t been sitting there a couple of months either :-/

I was hoping to get mine back next week, but I figure that might not happen.

On the bright side, luckily they caught that before sending it back and you noticing it :-(

Bur…. I find that hard to believe with the way Shilen does their barrels. You hadn’t shot yours though, right?

I was talking to the owner of my gun store and he said all manufacturers should shoot their guns.

I hope they test shoot everyone and my gun is almost there. Curious if everyone’s will be rebarreled :-(

Sorry man…. I feel awful as I know I helped persuade your decision …. Mine was a shooter and I still love the feel and design. My gun, obviously, hasn’t been sitting there a couple of months either :-/

I was hoping to get mine back next week, but I figure that might not happen.

On the bright side, luckily they caught that before sending it back and you noticing it :-(
It was shot when I got it. You could see residue in the barrel. He said they wanted to do an accuracy test.

Good lord. Again, had they actually tested these rifles before delivery I’m sure that these issues would have popped up before this volcano erupted. Even though I’ve walked away from this I can’t help but feel like part of the crowd who was let down and pushed aside. I specifically told D that I understand that issues happen,BUT how it’s handled from now on will make the biggest impression. I told him that mid Dec. And look at how it was handled.

Sorry that you guys continue to get the run around. I truly feel bad that the nightmare continues.
“Walked away” do you not have a gun at nosler or did you get some resolution that I missed?

Knoxp

Lil-Rokslider
You saw my post about them having to re barrel mine? Lol.
I have no words…. I was told mine was going out with yours yesterday, no surprise I didn’t hear from them Yesterday or today, and I haven’t confirmed my return shipping address. I am almost certain we are going to end up with new S/N rifles….

This should be their new slogan -

A551AB2A-52DC-4464-8808-008F1C37F8A0.jpeg

Be350ka

Lil-Rokslider
I have no words…. I was told mine was going out with yours yesterday, no surprise I didn’t hear from them Yesterday or today, and I haven’t confirmed my return shipping address. I am almost certain we are going to end up with new S/N rifles….

This should be their new slogan -

View attachment 376976
😂😂

Sako Finlight is an awesome gun! It shoots bug holes. That is my go to gun to guide with. Shoots great out to 700. I have a 7 rem mag

Sako Finlight is an awesome gun! It shoots bug holes. That is my go to gun to guide with. Shoots great out to 700. I have a 7 rem mag
Ugh don't come on here and say that... I almost picked one up in 6.5x55... I had never held one and the other day, Bass Pro had some in stock... I freaking loved it. The only thing I do not like (or think I like) is how the setup their rings. A friend has one and said the OptiLok rings are amazing...

Sako test fires every rifle, so you know .. out of the factory they are shooters!

Just noticed my gun had been received. Emailed David to see how things were going. I'm assuming no one has received their gun(s) back yet?

I spoke with a guy from talley last week about the model 21 and He knew nothing about it. I need some low rings
I installed Talley 1 inch rings and leupold vx3i 4.5-14x40 Boone and crocket in the low height. The scope cleared the barrel but the bolt does not clear the eye piece. Very disappointed that I’ll have to go to medium rings and have larger gap between scope and barrel. I think it’s impossible to get a correct check weld on this stock no matter what you do. Nosler failed in the bolt handle design that you can’t mount in low Talley and Talley failed by making a ring without testing bolt fit. Leupold has one of the slimmest eye piece on the market.

I installed Talley 1 inch rings and leupold vx3i 4.5-14x40 Boone and crocket in the low height. The scope cleared the barrel but the bolt does not clear the eye piece. Very disappointed that I’ll have to go to medium rings and have larger gap between scope and barrel. I think it’s impossible to get a correct check weld on this stock no matter what you do. Nosler failed in the bolt handle design that you can’t mount in low Talley and Talley failed by making a ring without testing bolt fit. Leupold has one of the slimmest eye piece on the market.
I wonder if that same issue will occur in the 30mm tubes? I was about to pull the trigger on Talley low 30mm .... Going to buy a vx3-hd firedot for mine and use my current Nightforce on a different gun.

kipper09

WKR

Man this is not what I wanted to hear. I haven’t mounted anything on mine yet but the more negatives I read the more I want to just sell it and build what I want. I almost did that and just gave in and bought the 21. I don’t like big objective scope. And like them mounted low to the barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oakleys

FNG
That’s probably why they used a threaded bolt knob. That way you can switch it out to fit your needs or style. I ordered 30 mm low warne rings for a 42mm, hopefully they are here tomorrow so I can see how they fit. Either way the edge compact they used for a handle will most likely require me to pick up a triad pack due the low comb. After that I’ll be sending the rifle to Bend and hopefully I’ll have it back within a couple weeks time. We will see.

I was planning on using a Leupold Scope with Low Talley 1 PC Rings also. My Rifle is on the way to Nosler. Is the issue the Bolt Knob or the Bolt Handle? If it is the Knob, what is the Diameter of the Bolt Knob? The Bolt Knob is removable. Could one obtain an aftermarket Knob with a thinner Diameter?