Norwegian Welt

Rucker61

WKR
Well, the Lowas are going back to STP - just too much slippage. The Zamberlans I tried on at REI fit much snugger, so I'm off to Jax to try on the higher end models. Zamberlan has quite a few models with a Norwegian Welt. I know nothing about that style of construction. What are some of the advantages and disadvantages compared to a boot like the Guide?

BPB

FNG
I have a pair of Zamberlan, Sella, with the welt. The boots fit great, the heel cup is the best I have found in terms of non slip. I buy boots with the welt for work and I put them through hell, they hold up very well so I see no downside in terms of the construction. What interested me mostly about the norwegian welt is the ability to re sole. With the non re sole able boots, by the time I get them broken in where I like them, I've burned the soles off.

Been wearing some zamberlan latemars all fall and winter long and they have been great boot thus far. I picked these boots because Italian made boots fit my feet really well and the ability of having them resoled. Well worth the money.