Non Medical colic

If it were the 1950’s, some wine for both mom and baby, then baby in the bed with mom for a nice winter’s nap…

Do NOT give your baby wine! I did not, but I did put my baby in bed with me a lot when she was itty bitty. It was common back then (1980’s) and baby slept so much better. So did we. Rolling over and smothering baby wasn’t heard of, I don’t know why that became more of a problem these days. Worked for me, but I cannot recommend it for anyone else. Life is at your own risk.

Try feeding more of a 45 degree angle, not on the back.
Thats about all I can add, since my baby just turned 38. She’s hard to carry around now, and bouncing her has caused my knee to hurt,

Mylicon drops- an absolute godsend. They are amazing at helping relieve the gas (if stomach related).

Our oldest was incredibly colicky. We ended up getting him some phenobarbital to relax his stomach muscles. Not sure we'd go that route again, but we were desperate. We discovered the Mylicon drops afterwards, and give them to any expecting parents we know.

fatbacks

WKR
Our first kid didn't sleep and was colicky until he was 11 months old. It was a long year. They grow out of it. Hang in there!

Now he is in hunters education and is a lot fun to hang out with! Totally worth it

Sevens

WKR
Your wife try cutting out various food to see if your kid has a food sensitivity (dairy, soy, corn, egg, etc.). Both our kids had food sensitivity, cut out the culprits and kids got much happier.

OP
J

Jmort1754

WKR
Our pediatrician told us just ride it out.... that's why I asked on here.

He's not breast fed anymore moms issues not his.

We switched him to nutramigen as it appeared to be a lactose intolerance.

He seems to have calmed down a bit but I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch.