Non Insulated

I am purchasing a pair of boots this weekend. I am looking at non insulated and leaning on leather because I will be using them from August thru November in Colorado. That being said two of the pairs I am looking at are a mixture of leather and cordura. I am 6'1" and 185 lbs. My feet are narrow to medium width with a higher arch. I am looking at the Cabela's Denali by Meindl, Hanwag Mountain Light GTX, Lowa Ranger High GTX, and the Crispi Idaho. All are about the same cost between 280.00 and 320.00 because of coupons and shipping. I would like to know which is the best for my type of feet as well as elevations between 9,000 and 12,000 feet. Thanks in advance. This is my first expensive pair of boots. I have always bought Danner's and want to upgrade.

ckleeves

WKR
Your probably gonna get a ton of opinions on this. And you know what they say about opinions lol!!! It can be a pita trying to find the perfect fitting boot so make sure you go with a company that has a good return policy and maybe start with the one you like the best and at least walk around the house in them (I think places like shoebuy you can't remove the tags or take them outside) It isn't a real good test but you can at least get an idea of fit. Good luck on your search. I would say I have about the same width foot as you a Lowa's fit me well but take that for what it's worth they might not fit you well at all.

Lawnboi

WKR
Those are all brands alot of people stand behind. Itd be hard to say which one is the best. What i would do is get as many as you can, try them on and walk around inside and pick the one you like the most, and send the others back.

Rizzy

WKR
If you have skinny feet stick with the Italian made boots (Crispi, Zamberlan). The German made (Lowa, Hanwag) are made more for blocky German feet, Kennetrecks seem that way also.

bobhunts

WKR
Make sure when you buy them you can return them if they do not fit your feet. I have a pair of all of those mentioned and prefer the one that fits my foot. For me the one that actually fits my foot is Lowa. The Kennetreks rub my heels and only wear them when rifle hunting in the snow as they are the 400 gram models. My opinion might change about those boots in a year or so. I have a pair of Crispi Maremma hiking boots and am wearing them at work and the toe box is large for my feet. I put in a pair of Han Wag Synergy foot beds into them and they are more comfortable but still loose in the toe box. At least for my feet. No break in for the Crispis for sure. Pretty comfy out of the box and still are stiff and supportive yet light enough that you can feel stuff under your feet. I hope you find the pair of boots that fit your feet. I do not own the Han Wag boots but I think I'll drop the dime and get the custom fit and be done with it. Never heard a bad review on that brand! Maybe after dropping that much dime no one wants to say I wished I bought something else. But Aron if I remember really liked them in a post on another site. Someone else I know swears by the Mtn lights Han Wag makes. Just try them on and see what your feet like.Bob.

Rizzy

WKR
I have the Zamberlan for my noninsulated boots, I was able to try them on and get them at REI. I ordered the Crispi Wilds from camofire in the same size as the Zamberlans and they fit great. It only took 1 hunt in the snow with uninsulated boots last season to make it a priority to get an insulated pair ;)

OP
In God We Trust
Well I tried on a buddies Meindl's and liked them a lot so I ordered them today. I will start breaking them in and let you guys know what I think after a scouting trip with them. Thanks for all of the input. I am excited because I have spent top dollar on all of my back packing and hunting gear the last few years but never upgraded my boots. Now I have and I can't wait to break them in.

OP
In God We Trust
Just wanted to let everyone know what I think about the Meindl Denalis. They are an awesome pair of boots. I broke them in by wearing them around for about a week and a half. I have had them on a few scouting trips with a 45 lbs. pack and they are great. Good support, no blisters, and waterproof. They were a little cheaper than some of the other top boot brands but they do not lack in quality. Great boot if you are looking for an uninsulated pair for the back country. i bought mine from Cabela's

miller1

Lil-Rokslider
Are those the ones that have the memory foam in them? I looked at them when i got my meindl perfekt hikers, awsome boot but more boot than i needed.