Non Hunting Pack For Girlfriend

I want to get a backpack for my girlfriend, this doesn’t need to be a hunting heavy haul pack, I’ve been looking hard at hyperlite. A lot of what we do are 3 day car trips. Looking for enough storage for a few days of clothes, shampoo/conditioner. Ya know, woman stuff.
Suggestions?

I wouldn’t get an UL pack unless she already has a very low baseweight. Something from osprey, gregory, granite gear, or another mainstream brand should come in around 2-4lbs and be perfectly fine. Just find something she likes and fits her well.

wyogoat

WKR
I agree with the Osprey recommendation also. Great suspensions, low empty weight and great women specific designs. I have a few and they’re a great pack.

Misses has been running an osprey pack for 8 years now. It gets the job done, carries well, a lot of cute pockets for her organization. But I would go lighterweight next time as it's sub 4lbs.

ianpadron

WKR
Osprey packs are terrible. My wife used one for years and constantly complained about how it carried on longer trips.

Got her a KUIU setup and she couldn't believe how much better it was. Almost as light as her Osprey but about 3x more padding and an actual frame to distribute weight.

shoot, if I needed a pack that I wasn't hauling meat in...I'd have a KUIU as well, their bag layouts are better than anything else and chicks will dig the organization compared to a giant ruck like SG, Kifaru, Exo, etc

Gseith

WKR
My wife really like the Gregory pack she carried for a few trips. She now carries a SG pack. She only switched so she could carry a pistol on her pack hiking in bear country. Not sure where you are hiking, but a pistol made the wife feel better then bear spray. She can frequently practice with her sidearm.

My girlfriend has used a Gregory deva for a few years. It came with a little day pack that can be stored inside it. The little day pack is pretty nice for setting camp then summiting mountains or doing small hikes.

If we split camp she's been good for at least 3-4 days backpacking.
PXL_20240705_205036157.jpg

OldGrayJB

WKR
My wife didn't care for the Osprey. There was no adjustment for the spacing between the shoulder straps and they were a little too close together. It seemed as if the pack was made for children with very narrow necks. She liked the REI brand better than the Osprey.

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
For what you describe, Osprey is great. Probably any of you brands you can get at REI will work well.

Hyperlite would not be my choice, that bag design approach is for hikers who are driven to cut weight, not what I would want for car camping or wandering around Europe, or air travel. It will work for those, just not what I would choose.