no peep

B

bearguide

what do you think about perrys no peep / hindsight / or eliminator

weaver

WKR
I used a timberline no-peep for a few years but i dont think they make those anymore. When i switched over to a slider sight it wouldnt work anymore so i went back to a peep. I really liked it for whitetail hunting were shots are close but past 30-40yds i think a peep is more accurate imho.

I would buy a good sight with a good level, eliminate the peep and add a kisser button...or some other kind of anchor point. I like not having a peep and actually shoot a better group without one. just my opinion.

I use a peep and a small piece of loop as a kisser. Using both makes me pretty accurate and get a good anchor

OR Archer

WKR
Even if you are using a kisser you can still "float" a bit when not using a peep. Having that visual reference of the sight housing aligned with the peep is the most accurate way to aim.

sk1

WKR
i missed a huge buck after the guy at an archery range convinced me to shoot without a peep....he said i was shooting so good without one why add more stuff to my bow (i was 15 at the time, just took his advice i didnt know much about bows)....after i realized my anchor points standing and shooting at a straight horizontal target was way different than what i was doing leaning over looking down from my tree stand. having a peep would have forced me to somewhat keep that original form or i wouldnt be able to see my site. i didnt miss by much, gave the buck a fur cut. the miss was my fault, but having a peep would have shown me i was doing something different, im not an expert by any means, but my opinion is keep the peep

I would say a peep is more accurate for most people. I just seem to shoot better without one, and have for years. sk1 i would agree with the bow shop saying not to add more to your string than you have to, as you only need one reference to shoot consistantly. Your also correct that your anchor will change when going from flat ground to a stand, but you should be able to eliminate that by bending at your hips. bearguide, if i were you i would do what feels right fo ya.

sk1

WKR
I would say a peep is more accurate for most people. I just seem to shoot better without one, and have for years. sk1 i would agree with the bow shop saying not to add more to your string than you have to, as you only need one reference to shoot consistantly. Your also correct that your anchor will change when going from flat ground to a stand, but you should be able to eliminate that by bending at your hips. bearguide, if i were you i would do what feels right fo ya.

you can eliminate your anchor changing, i just didnt know any better at 15.....i just feel a peep is worth it, because it will help force you to keep a relatively similar anchor

Yeah that is what i meant, was trying to word it so i didnt sound like a D!$k. Yeah most people dig the peep and its hard to argue otherwise. Anyway, you been out in Utah yet this year?

i use a peep but no kisser button, but i shoot pretty weird i actually take the fletching from my arrow and put it in the crook of my mouth. i know everyone tells me it makes everything not right when im shooting but its the best way i shoot. i can hold longer with my bow up higher like that and i get the same spot every time. only thing i do not like about doing it is my sight sits real low but doesnt effect my broadheads or anything. the guy at the pro shop when i had him restring my bow made me shoot it cause he couldnt believe how close my knocking point and peep were but was pretty impressed with how well i shot like that. guess everyone has there way and when you can shoot good why change