No More Peak Meals For Me After This Order

ELKhunter60

Lil-Rokslider
Dang,

I just placed an order for some Peak Meals because they were on sale at Sierra last week and then I get an e-mail this week from BlackOvis. I open up the e-mail and see Steve Rinella's picture is now on the Peak meals packaging? I don't want to go hunting and have a picture of him waiting for me back in camp after I've been running up and down mountains all day. The picture wasn't shown on the stuff I ordered. Hopefully my stuff is pre-Steve picture. No more Peak for me after this order I'm afraid. I'm sure I'm in the minority and Peak will see sales improve from this move - but I just don't like this type of marketing. I know - some other guy was on a few of their packages before - but I didn't recognize that guy and didn't give it much thought. I think Steve would sign a deal with Charmin Toilet Paper if they paid him 1 cent a square to market it. Love to see those commercials..........

1720721603604.png

You could always use that portion of the bag for cleanup.
I got the same email, think it's just certain flavors though like the Chad Mendez (whoever that is) was.

Heathers Choice was the worst choice for me as well!
You probably know but Chad was an MMA fighter in the UFC. Also, i go with packit gourmet meals as of the last 2 seasons. MUCH better than any others i have tried. Stay away from Heathers choice garbage tho.

Mojave

WKR
Heathers choice breakfast taste like vomit.

There little balls of love are nice. I can't remember what they are called. Something like pactkookies or something?

Gastro gnome and stowaway are my favorites be far. Packit has some good ones but dont like their stuff as much as the other 2. Off grid was good but they're not around anymore

Jrob

FNG
Wow I didn’t realize how many people dislike Heathers Choice. It’s better than Peak. I need something clean with low ingredients. Peak and the other main brands are full of crap.

I’ll have to give Gastro Gnome and the others a try. Why does everyone not like Heathers Choice? I don’t eat the breakfast I just eat the main meals. The breakfast options look terrible.

mthayr

WKR
To the car-camping masses, seeing a familiar face from the interwebs on the REI shelf is probably enough to differentiate them from the flanking Mountain House and Backpacker's Pantry... but thanks to Rokslide YOU know better :cool: 👊

Wow I didn’t realize how many people dislike Heathers Choice. It’s better than Peak. I need something clean with low ingredients. Peak and the other main brands are full of crap.

I’ll have to give Gastro Gnome and the others a try. Why does everyone not like Heathers Choice? I don’t eat the breakfast I just eat the main meals. The breakfast options look terrible.
I tried every meal from heathers choice a few years ago and they just plain taste gross to me, a couple were edible but I literally dumped out the salmon potato one. Im a total foodie though so I'm probably just picky. Plus its dehydrated instead of freeze dried so they're just different. The packaroons are super good I just cant eat the meals personally. For the price of all these meals, Id rather eat stuff I know is delicious

Hnthrdr

WKR
Picture of Steve is too remind you why that jackwagon from Tulsa who picked up a bow last week, and just blew your meticulous planned stalk on a BOAL (Buck) by walking around bugling like an R-tard with the wind at his back in a drainage with no elk in it is out there

On the bright side the new income stream for Steven should help him afford some really good tags so he can make cool videos of him hunting in relative peace and quiet for you to watch in the off season while you eat your hungry man dinners with a side of tag soup

Last edited: