‘No Excuses’ Bullet users - show some results

ole hunter

Lil-Rokslider

ole hunter

Lil-Rokslider
The bullet looks like it works good .Oregon has allowed us to use a COPPER jacket lead center no plastics bullet like the Hornady FPB ALL lead works . Notice burning on bottom of bullet no shot card .If MMP SUB BASE was LEGAL i would use it. Oregon no plastic no scope for visual impaired The guys are not being fair 4 years ago yn UNION county they okayed the use of center fire for a elk muzzle loader hunt . but us people that are fighting back after getting screwed by covid they say no. Sorry for the rant . Rok slide and the guys here are mostly good people want to be treated fair .Robert

Attachments

• 20240926_184955.jpg
    20240926_184955.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 9

mgray

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone utilized the sizing pack? I have an older Remington ML in .50. I ran each size through the barrel, but didn't notice a significant difference in pressure. I did have the breech plug pulled, and just pushed them through with no powder charge. Do you guys think it needs to be sealed to see the difference in slightly different diameters?

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
On the No Excuses website it’s mentioned that almost all ML use the .503 except a couple manufacturers - can’t remember which ones though.

But it’s always best to confirm.

As far as ease of pushing bullets down the barrel, I’d be sure that it’s not oiled up from cleaning.

I like to foul once, swab, then test

KyleR1985

WKR
I didn’t kill an elk with the one tag I used. But users here turned me on to NE bullets. I had my knight shooting some tiny groups at 100 yards with open sights.

I landed on the .503 460gr bullet going about 1350fps if I recall correctly. I was honestly surprised at just how accurate they were.

This thread reminded me I need to move these bullets down the road, as it will probably be a while before I make one of those hunts again.