No BS - Best Bino Harness w/ No Magnet

I would not give the poachers at Muley Freak a penny. Bad for hunting and worse people.
The Marsupial is nice. Not sure where the floppy review comes from. The Kifaru was good.

Netherman

WKR
Whelp. Tried the new SG and Marsupial no mag. Been unimpressed with both so back to the drawing board.

SG seemed like it would be a bit on the loud side (archery use) and the real killer for me was fitment for my specific binos (zeiss 10x42 SFs). They are on the taller side and didn't feel very secure with the lid opened which is something I do often treestand hunting.

marsupial no-mag was significantly bulkier that the magnetic enclosed harness I currently have and my binos rattled around when closed (top only objectives sat tightly). It was also very tight opening and closing, but I've heard that "breaks in" over time. rattle and overall bulk pushed it to the return pile.

Next up is the kifaru or catamount. Leaning towards the kifaru, but not looking like they've got any in the size regular harness.

OP
SloppyJ

SloppyJ

WKR
Whelp. Tried the new SG and Marsupial no mag. Been unimpressed with both so back to the drawing board.

SG seemed like it would be a bit on the loud side (archery use) and the real killer for me was fitment for my specific binos (zeiss 10x42 SFs). They are on the taller side and didn't feel very secure with the lid opened which is something I do often treestand hunting.

marsupial no-mag was significantly bulkier that the magnetic enclosed harness I currently have and my binos rattled around when closed (top only objectives sat tightly). It was also very tight opening and closing, but I've heard that "breaks in" over time. rattle and overall bulk pushed it to the return pile.

Next up is the kifaru or catamount. Leaning towards the kifaru, but not looking like they've got any in the size regular harness.
Interested on your take on the catamount if you pick one up. I think I've narrowed my search down to that or the new SG.

Original marsupial was a no go for me because of the lack of centre pockets. Drove me a bit nuts. A friend of mine found durability issues and his outdoorsman stud on his SLCs wore a hole in it.

Marsupial wise I’ve ran the mag for 3 years and recently got a full no mag setup. Found the same thing that it’s bulkier.

Friends running a Kifaru and seems to love it, if I can run my suunto MC2 compass in the side pocket I’d consider giving one a try.

pirogue

WKR
A lot of people who don’t want magnets, or heard negatives, need to get rid of those crappy androids and get an iPhone. Mine isn’t affected by the magnet.

A lot of people who don’t want magnets, or heard negatives, need to get rid of those crappy androids and get an iPhone. Mine isn’t affected by the magnet.

I wouldn’t trust an electronic compass as my main option personally. Suunto MC2 handheld for quick and easy. No batteries to worry about

I have used AGC for 12 years and several different variations well before most companies were even thinking about bino harnesses... There are some nice packs out there these days but I wont be changing anytime soon. My personal favorite is the Kodiak Cub Max.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lou.D