Nightforce sponsors MuleyFreak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone called mtntough yet? Or do they get a pass because they sponsor this site? Crickets…..

View attachment 715930
Sponsors definitely don’t get coddled by members. I see a Vortex ad just about every time I pull up the forum, yet they get drug through the coals and catch stray rounds in every single optics conversation. I don’t think there’s enough people on here or the general hunting public interested in mtntough to give it a second thought. Although I’d love to watch an argument from the sidelines if there is a posse of crossfit dorks loyal to whatever elk shape, mtntough, or canyonkegel workout program they subscribe to.

OMB

WKR
If MF had any decency or professionalism (and we know he does not), he would resign from the NF pro staff and let NF off the hook for having to continually defend him and their decision for sponsoring him.
That would require a level of humility and introspection that up to this point, he has not shown, outside of crying in front of the wildlife board because hunting is how he feeds his family.

I've said it a million times, it boggles my mind how the industry just circles the wagon or totally overlooks blatant this sort of behavior. It's a relatively small industry, it should be easy to do the right thing and blackball violators. Which sort of tells me that more people do this sort of stuff to make sure they have content and its understood, and/or the egos of everyone involved won't let it happen.

I think in general the hunting industry is full of douche bags but what makes this guy special.
The country is full of awesome hunters but these companys pick him?
I mean I get Levi Morgan or Dudley,guys that are champions.

Reactions: WCS

Andyram_18

Lil-Rokslider
I think in general the hunting industry is full of douche bags but what makes this guy special.
The country is full of awesome hunters but these companys pick him?
I mean I get Levi Morgan or Dudley,guys that are champions.
It’s because the boys you just mentioned do it for the love of what they do; some guys have to go to whatever means necessary to have something to post. I blame the gram.

Has anyone called mtntough yet? Or do they get a pass because they sponsor this site? Crickets…..

View attachment 715930

I actually emailed mtntough this morning. I got a lengthy response and their marketing officer sent me his phone number.

Says he’s known Eric for years and they used to work together, that there’s a lot of false information online and that they believe he’s on the path to be a better person…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ucsdryder

WKR
I actually emailed mtntough this morning. I got a lengthy response and their marketing officer sent me his phone number.

Says he’s known Eric for years and they used to work together, that there’s a lot of false information online and that they believe he’s on the path to be a better person…

“He was such a good boy”.

“Used to work together”.. Erik probably did his online marketing too..

TheTone

WKR

And that shows the stupid relationships and connectedness in the outdoor space. People just bouncing around always making sure themselves and friends are taken care of

I’ve never bought anything from mtntough and now definitely wont

Fatcamp

WKR

The hunting world equivalent of, " My baby din do nuffin!!!"

3forks

WKR
That would require a level of humility and introspection that up to this point, he has not shown, outside of crying in front of the wildlife board because hunting is how he feeds his family.

I've said it a million times, it boggles my mind how the industry just circles the wagon or totally overlooks blatant this sort of behavior. It's a relatively small industry, it should be easy to do the right thing and blackball violators. Which sort of tells me that more people do this sort of stuff to make sure they have content and its understood, and/or the egos of everyone involved won't let it happen.
If I were managing a brand, Muley Freak’s blubbering and his lack of composure in front of the wildlife board would be enough or reason that I wouldn’t want my company associated with him.

Carr5vols

WKR
Well see if I get a response from NF...

Good afternoon reaching out to underatand why a company with such an amazing reputation would partner with a person with terrible morals. I understand from the comments from NF there was an investigation completed on MF cases...apparently this investigation was not completed very well. See below cases.

Idaho Case No. CR36-22-0866 - felony unlawful posession - plea deal, charge dropped

Idaho Case No. CR36-22-0867 - misdemeanor trespassing and disturbing the peace - plea deal, guilty, fine and 18-month probation period.

Utah Case No. 2018-000032 with references to previous trespassing charges and revocation of hunting privileges in 2015 (Case No. 1812000067) and 2007. Minutes from appeal to Utah Wildlife Board where 24-month wildlife privilege revocation was upheld.

Even having to go to trial to defend yourself should be enough of a character red flag that NF should have thought twice. I personally have never had to go to trial to defend myself in 37 years of hunting...

Hopefully this partnership will be revisited.

Status
Not open for further replies.