Nightforce 4-16x42mm ATACR Field Evaluation Q&A

kipper09

WKR
At current, you are right, but I refuse to believe that is an absolute truth. We’ve been sending man into space for 50+ years. It can be done. I just don’t think anyone is trying hard enough, because we consumers keep accepting 2 pound scopes.

If I understand form correctly he states the swfa 3-9 is about as reliable as this atacr? It’s 19 ounces. If the Swfa has a top end range of 12 it would be about perfect in my eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we're gonna wish for mythical stuff I want the msrp of Atacr to be 1k

These reviews have already made me loose a bunch of sleep on stuff I've already bought and I simply don't make enough income to buy Atacr's

I'm gonna have to start farming out seggs favors to get a few of these things.

wapitibob

WKR
I have 2 swfa's, they aren't close to my old 5x22 nxs. I'll take the 10oz weight hit for clicks that I can feel and an eye box that lets me see.

The "drop test" is something never found on most scope reviews. I have always found it odd that this aspect of testing is almost always overlooked considering how critical it is to success in the field. I am glad this was included and should be standard on all scope evals.

At current, you are right, but I refuse to believe that is an absolute truth. We’ve been sending man into space for 50+ years. It can be done. I just don’t think anyone is trying hard enough, because we consumers keep accepting 2 pound scopes.
Are these really made for hunters though?
Military guys don't have a choice on what stuff weighs.

amassi

WKR
Why are people so concerned about weight?
Who cares carry what you need to.
You claimed that you can't have lightweight and reliability. I responded to that with a lightweight and reliable optic. Pretty simple

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

You claimed that you can't have lightweight and reliability. I responded to that with a lightweight and reliable optic. Pretty simple

Ok sorry.
It quits at 10x is sfp and 30 vs 34mm.
Not exactly the same thing.

You can buy a 4x fixed 1" tube leupold that is reliable if you don't dial it as well.

Let's compare apples to apples.

SDHNTR

WKR
Valid point about the tactical market. Yet here we are on a hunting site and their scopes are the topic of discussion over and over and over again. Obviously there is significant hunter interest. I wish Nightforce would pay attention. There are two complaints that continually come up on NF threads, or when people say “I wish Nightforce would make…”. Or, “I would buy a Nightforce if”… Weight and busy reticle! That’s it!

Make a something 3-18 X 50, with a simple, clean and usable reticle, first and second focal plane options, and 22 ish ounces. You’d own the market! I’m convinced it could be done.

Valid point about the tactical market. Yet here we are on a hunting site and their scopes are the topic of discussion over and over and over again. Obviously there is significant hunter interest. I wish Nightforce would pay attention. There are two complaints that continually come up on NF threads, or when people say “I wish Nightforce would make…”. Or, “I would buy a Nightforce if”… Weight and busy reticle! That’s it!

Make a something 3-18 X 50, with a simple, clean and usable reticle, first and second focal plane options, and 22 ish ounces. You’d own the market! I’m convinced it could be done.
I just don't think the few dozen hunter's on Rok that also want lighter are even a Blip in nightforces radar.
I also think you are very minority on wanting a clean center post.
I want marks in case I miss low I have a reference for impact and a correction.

But haven't they answered your call in the shv 4.5-14?

amassi

WKR
Ok sorry.
It quits at 10x is sfp and 30 vs 34mm.
Not exactly the same thing.

You can buy a 4x fixed 1" tube leupold that is reliable if you don't dial it as well.

Let's compare apples to apples.
OK sure

You can borrow my 5-25 Gen 2 ATACR this year if you'd like. Beware, if you accept my offer you'll be buying an ATACR.
Hahaha man I have 3 rifles to equip. And these reviews have completely diminished the price of at least one. If he does the Nx8 that's two.

So ill be throwing away $280] to spend $7500

Lol I just don't gots it.

SDHNTR

WKR
I just don't think the few dozen hunter's on Rok that also want lighter are even a Blip in nightforces radar.
I also think you are very minority on wanting a clean center post.
I want marks in case I miss low I have a reference for impact and a correction.

But haven't they answered your call in the shv 4.5-14?
Not really. 4.5 is a bit much on the low end and 14 is a bit low on the high end. I also don’t need a 56 mil bell, just unnecessary weight. And I’m not a real fan of the MOAR.

Not really. 4.5 is a bit much on the low end and 14 is a bit low on the high end. I also don’t need a 56 mil bell, just unnecessary weight. And I’m not a real fan of the MOAR.
Leupold windplex

From what I've seen you post your really looking for a unicorn that doesn't exist.

I know I do not want a clean center post.

BjornF16

WKR
NF specs list the SHV 4-14x50 F1 as 4x on the lower end…is it really 4.5?

Offered in MOAR and MIL-R

Edit: The SHV 4-14x56 F2 is MOAR only… but still listed as 4x on lower end.

The 50mm F1 is listed at 30oz and the 56mm F2 is listed as 27 oz…is that accurate?

Last edited: