NFG from Santa Barbara County

Met @Bubblehide out at D13 this weekend and recommended I join. I’ve just began hunting the past few years and have mainly been focused on wild boar. While I was hunting this weekend we saw bear and I had a tag in hand but it turns out they are faster than they look. Does anyone have experience hunting bears in the So Cal region?

Tristini_27, I'm glad to see you here. I'm going to give you some tips from hound hunters (I know, dogs and bears are a no go here, now). Many hound-bear hunters carried drags and drug dirt roads just before sunrise to go back and check for tracks. The above starts you off on fresh tracks. As I mentioned, water, water , and water, nothing lives without it, and it is necessary for digestion. Bears will be where the food is, specifically the highest caloric content food, right now it acorns in many areas. Food will typically change to juniper berries as winter sets in, in many areas.

Best of luck!

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new CA member.

Eddie