NF vs Meostar R2 on 375 H&H Build

MrAKGuy

FNG
Long time listener, first time caller. Thanks for all the learning so far.

Building a 375 H&H rifle for an upcoming Kodiak Brown Bear hunt while simultaneously hunting Sitka deer. Looking for versatility for DG and medium game out to 400 yards. I have no problem using a 375 H&H for medium game with the right cartridge. We can save that philosophical debate for another time. Narrowed it down to the following:

Nightforce NXS – 2.5-10x42mm
Meopta MeoStar R2 1.7-10x42 RD
Meopta MeoStar R2 2-12x50 RD

Can't go wrong with the NF and it's ability to hold zero but would like less than 2.5x. Leaning towards the MeoStar 2-12x50 to facilitate rangier shots. I'm not sure on the MeoStar's ability to hold zero and a 50mm lens is a tad big. Thoughts?

TaperPin

WKR
I’d probably go with the one that has the longest eye relief. The couple of 375’s that I’ve had would come close to reminding me how much eye relief is in the scope.

gbflyer

WKR
Trijicon Accupoint 1-4. 30mm tube, tritium dot reticle of choice. Perfect Kodiak scope for .375.

FOS373

Lil-Rokslider
I’m in a similar situation as you for a Kodiak bear and deer hunt next year with a 375 H&H. I mounted the NF 2.5-10 as I had one that was not being used. I also had a NF 1-4, but after talking to the outfitter, he did recommend the 2.5-10. After sighting it in, I took it out to 550 yards just to confirm; probably not something I would do in the field, but was just curious.

I never thought of mounting my ATACR 1-8 on it, but I don’t think it would be a bad idea if you went down that route. It’s not like you are counting ounces on a 375.

Hope you have a great time on that hunt!