Newly observed phenomena

rclouse79

WKR
Earlier this year I was shocked to see a crotch rocket bust out a wheelie and ride it for about a quarter mile while going 75 mi/hr down the interstate. Although impressive I am guessing that guys life expectancy will be below average. I can honestly say I had never seen that in my 45 years on the road. Since then, I feel like I can hardly leave my neighborhood without seeing a crotch rocket busting a wheelie or weaving in and out of traffic like it is some new x-games sporting event. I am trying to figure out if these people have always been out there and are just now moving to my area, or if there is some new crotch rocket challenge on snap-face or insta-tock.

Beendare

WKR
New phenomenon around here is the young well to do kids all tearing around on E bikes…way too fast.

Driving 25mph through a school zone these kids on E bikes go shooting by at 30+ and not even paying attention to traffic.

tater

WKR
SQUIDS-"Super Quick Until I Die"
Been around as long as motorcycles. Just more prevalent in the "look at me" age of instagoogletwitface.

Funny you mention it. Today I am clear up spraying weeds on my hill. The main paved road is about .75mi down below in the flat. My boy was changing the oil in his dirt bike at our house, so when I heard the obvious sound of a rapped out motorcycle, I looked up. On the main road below me was a motorcycle passing a truck… riding a wheelie. So yeah, he punched it, popped a wheelie, then blew by the truck while riding the wheelie.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not a crotch rocket, but a funny wheelie story.

I had two wardens that wanted dirt bikes to patrol; I did a little looking and asked them 250’s? “No we really want 400’s”

So I end getting them 400’s. A couple of weeks later the entire region is at a meeting and one the guys brings his new 400. I hadn’t been a bike probably in 20 years, but wanted to try one.

We were in one of our parks so I jumped (no helmet-doh!) for just a quick out & back ride. Within a couple of seconds I was in a wheelie and thought shit I’m going over backwards.

By a miracle I didn’t and after what felt like an eternity, the front wheel finally touched down. I stopped the bike and turned around back to where everyone was standing.

I returned to “Whoa sarge still has it”, “great wheelie”, etc

Shut the bike off and never said a word :ROFLMAO:

Jbehredt

WKR
Around here drivers are using the shoulder and center lane like personal express lanes. Must be how they do it in Venezuela.

squid-freshprints

Lil-Rokslider
We. I mean they, have always been here. No one who can balance point a wheelie just learned for a new trend, that stuff is hard to learn. Most who stunt have been riding since kids. Since guys on this sight might end up an my favorite trails... Yeah you will die if you try. Stay away. Only maniacs need apply! Or if you cant wheelie you can always get a bagger!

We. I mean they, have always been here. No one who can balance point a wheelie just learned for a new trend, that stuff is hard to learn. Most who stunt have been riding since kids. Since guys on this sight might end up an my favorite trails... Yeah you will die if you try. Stay away. Only maniacs need apply! Or if you cant wheelie you can always get a bagger!

Name checks.

I realized over 20 years ago I didn't have enough sense for one, still don't.

Know a few who thought they did, but didn't.

It's been going on a good while, like since last century, I wasn't exposed to it much before that.