Newfoundland moose hunt

miket

FNG
The guides and processors in newfoundland are not concerned about meat quality or quantity. They do a little bit less than the minimum. The further you shoot from camp the less meat you get I was told. Sent it to processor came back full of dirt and hair. With cuts and labeling I've never seen. It's a mystery when you take a package from freezer . Do your own processing if possible

I just got back from NL. My outfitter took great care with the meat from the moment it was killed till we dropped it off at the processor. I am having it shipped just debone, not finally processed, so we will see. When I was there dropping it off it was a clean place and they seemed to be careful in trimming etc. We will see.

The outfitter and guides were very proud and respectful of the moose itself, and meat quality

CRJR45

WKR
I just got back from NL. My outfitter took great care with the meat from the moment it was killed till we dropped it off at the processor. I am having it shipped just debone, not finally processed, so we will see. When I was there dropping it off it was a clean place and they seemed to be careful in trimming etc. We will see.

The outfitter and guides were very proud and respectful of the moose itself, and meat quality
I’m here in Deer Lake checking in and I showed this thread to the outfitter and plan on showing the butcher . The outfitter said it a problem a couple years ago but it’s been addressed .

CRJR45

WKR
Good luck I'm going to Roberts on Oct 4th. If you don't mind. Would you post your experience when return?
Thanks
I got in the airport at 3am and the outfitter was waiting for me , communication has been great , I don’t think think I’ll have a signal much longer , but I’ll post if I can .