Newbie looking to do a bear hunt in Canada and have some questions

Luked

WKR
I am looking at possibly doing a Black Bear hunt in Manitoba with an outfitter.
I have some emails out to get some info, but I am also wondering what all questions should I ask an outfitter.
This is the first time I have ever done anything like this and looking for some opinions.
The hunt will be over bait with stands.
I can take either bow or rifle.
Still unsure on either of which I would take but so far none have caliber requirements.
I know the rate and deposit info.

What are some other questions I should ask the outfitter.

Blind Squirrel

Lil-Rokslider
I am looking at possibly doing a Black Bear hunt in Manitoba with an outfitter.
I have some emails out to get some info, but I am also wondering what all questions should I ask an outfitter.
This is the first time I have ever done anything like this and looking for some opinions.
The hunt will be over bait with stands.
I can take either bow or rifle.
Still unsure on either of which I would take but so far none have caliber requirements.
I know the rate and deposit info.

What are some other questions I should ask the outfitter.
I would ask to speak with a past client that wasn’t successful.
I don’t know anything about that area, so I can’t give you any recommendations.

Bcon

FNG
I would ask if they bow hunt, or typically have clients that bow hunt...then see the above suggestions. I have always had good luck, but I've heard stories of hunts gone bad (not only bear) because it was a bad match of bow hunter with a non bow hunting guide / outfitter. My guess is that if they are hunting bear over bait, they are good to go. But again, asking about clients, especially one that did not fill a tag, is great advice.