New Zealand DIY Free Range Hunt of a Lifetime!!

JP100

WKR
Sorry mate, I have offended you. I did clarify in my original post regarding the guides and ranches over there. They (you) have a place in hunting for sure and before I decided to go full DIY, I did seek help from guides. I was simply advising him to go full DIY if the option is available. Again, in my original post I mentioned the fact that a guaranteed animal wasn't as interesting to me as an adventure with the possibility of seeing nothing.

I was hoping to make this hunt sound just as difficult as it felt for me. From your reaction in various posts it seems to have done that. No sugar coating it, it was hard for me. I expect Fiordland to be much more difficult and I hope I get another chance at a hunt there one day. And to clarify, I spent 2 nights of a 12 day backpack hunt in a Hut. Cheers.

Haha no offense taken on this end mate.
Just saying that there are guides that will give you the real diy experience on public land but their knowledge of the area and animals often results in a better experience.
Just saying that Fiordland and areas with out tracks are alot more difficult as I'm sure you are aware.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

JNDEER

WKR
Thanks for taking the time to put your adventure all together for us to read. That takes some balls to head out for 12 days with as little food as it sounds like you 3 had. No way I could ever do that.

OP
wilkes

wilkes

Lil-Rokslider
Haha no offense taken on this end mate.
Just saying that there are guides that will give you the real diy experience on public land but their knowledge of the area and animals often results in a better experience.
Just saying that Fiordland and areas with out tracks are alot more difficult as I'm sure you are aware.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
That is true mate, tons of good guys out there that make the hunt authentic. We are spoilt with options now.

Grumman

WKR
Good job telling the story wilkes. So is a wedding in No Patience future after that trip? If she is still around, a lady who endured the trip and that kill photo would be a keeper:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
wilkes

wilkes

Lil-Rokslider
Good job telling the story wilkes. So is a wedding in No Patience future after that trip? If she is still around, a lady who endured the trip and that kill photo would be a keeper:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Funny you should ask... They got engaged during the hunt and will be married shortly. She is a keeper! I need to finish this story off haha...