New updated InReach plans -

cnelk

WKR
I used my InReach last weekend when I was out cell range for about a week.
I just logged in and got this new message.

Attachments

• IMG_4087.jpeg
    IMG_4087.jpeg
    175.8 KB · Views: 71

BBob

WKR
I use and keep mine activated year round. At the rate I use it for messaging it will be cheaper to use the basic Enabled plan and pay as I go for messages. I rarely use the check ins.

COelk89

Lil-Rokslider
I used the unlimited for the first time on a long hunt I just got back from. It was awesome being able to text as much as I wanted to a select few. I only sparingly used it before. I have not gotten these new rates in my account but I keep the freedom plan and generally deactivate in the months I don't need to use it in the off-season. Maybe that is why I don't have these rates?

Edited I do have these new options. Looks like the lowered all the plan prices and increased the texts per plan. That is great!

Last edited:
Is a check in message just a preset message? Does the .50 for texts apply for outgoing and incoming?

Can you set the check in message or are you limited to what is on the device from Garmin?

COelk89

Lil-Rokslider
Is a check in message just a preset message? Does the .50 for texts apply for outgoing and incoming?
I believe so on your first question and yes to the 2nd question.

You should also keep in mind that you will send more texts than normal because of the character limit in text messages I think is 170 characters. I sent and received over 350 messages in about 2 and a half weeks earlier this month to about 4 different people.

BBob

WKR
Is a check in message just a preset message? Does the .50 for texts apply individually to outgoing and incoming?

Can you set the check in message or are you limited to what is on the device from Garmin?
Presets are now called Check In’s on the new devices and newer accounts. Yes the fees apply to both outgoing and incoming.

You can change your Check In messages within the Messenger app or on your Garmin Explore web account. Some older devices aren’t compatible with the Messenger app.

JF_Idaho

WKR
Presets are now called Check In’s on the new devices and newer accounts. Yes the fees apply to both outgoing and incoming.

You can change your Check In messages within the Messenger app or on your Garmin Explore web account. Some older devices aren’t compatible with the Messenger app.

I don't believe you can change them anymore.

It changed when they went from preset-check-in.

BBob

WKR
I don't believe you can change them anymore.

It changed when they went from preset-check-in.
Seems you are correct. My original custom presets stay as they are unless I setup presets in the Messenger app. If I choose that option it warns that it will wipe out my previous Preset messages and convert them to the fixed messages. Anybody new only gets the fixed three Check In messages. I wonder if I can still change them in my web Explorer account?