New Ultra Light Arms Rifles

As an alternative to the NULA, the Weatherby Mark V Backcountry 2.0 is a rifle I like better than the Fieldcrafts. Very light weight especially in the TI version. They all have threaded barrels. Some come with a radial brake. The stock is an awesome Peak 44 with Weatherby's special butte pad that seems to work very well. I have the titanium version in .308 with a steel barrel and it weighs 4 lbs 11 oz. They are expensive but much cheaper than a NULA. Recently there have been some deals showing up on Gun Broker especially from Sportsmans. I recently won a 25-06 Backcountry 2.0 in stainless with a stainless barrel for $1525. It weighs just over 5 lbs and is a spectacular rifle. The steel action actually runs smoother than the Titanium one. They can also be equipped with a carbon fiber barrel from BSF. Weatherby claims they are more accurate although slightly heavier.

Thanks for the info. Sounds too good to be true. What about the bolt throw? 90 degrees? 60 degrees?
I can't say I know how many degrees the bolt throw is, like a Remington 700 I guess. I never worried about it, it clears the scope fine.

Anyone shooting a NULA rifle? I just happened to inherit a Model 20 in 7mm-08. I called NULA about sending it back to get the stock refinished and Mr. Forbes told me it was one of the first rifles he ever built judging by the serial number. I thought that was pretty cool. The 7mm-08 is a new caliber for me and it’s a way different type rifle than I’m used to shooting in terms of stock, weight, ect. It has a very old vx3 3-9 on it which I’m thinking of replacing with one of the new CDS VX-3. Just wondering if anyone was using one of these and how they preform in terms of accuracy and at distance. Thanks for the info guys.
I just read the entire post and I realize when about a third of the posters are offering to buy the OP’s rifle, it must be a special firearm! Hope the OP has it set up to his liking, and is enjoying the inheritance!

Yeah, I know exactly what you need.
Find yourself a Kahles AH 3-9x42 with the TDS reticle. I run them on several ultralight rifles & they are perfect IMO.
👆🏻👆🏻 This! Or a 2-7X32 with TDS if you could find one! I have both and they are best in class optics for NULA and 84 Kimbers!

Back