Stockys NextGen Ultra Carbon Hunter Accublock[emoji2400] Stocks - Tikka T3

onlybrowning

Lil-Rokslider
After not much deliberation, I ordered one of these stocks for a T3X 7mm-08 I have on the way. This is my first experience with a carbon fiber stock. I’m a bit surprised by the “imperfections” on the surface of the stock. If this is a result of the material, I can overlook it. The thing I noticed right away was the noise in handling the stock. It’s incredibly loud to my ears compared to any other stock I’ve handled. Is there a way to mitigate this? I suppose if you only shoot at game from a distance this would be no big deal, but I immediately got concerned about my hunting situations, which are often up close and personal. Just trying to get my bearings on this. Anyone share my sentiments on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

grfox92

WKR
After not much deliberation, I ordered one of these stocks for a T3X 7mm-08 I have on the way. This is my first experience with a carbon fiber stock. I’m a bit surprised by the “imperfections” on the surface of the stock. If this is a result of the material, I can overlook it. The thing I noticed right away was the noise in handling the stock. It’s incredibly loud to my ears compared to any other stock I’ve handled. Is there a way to mitigate this? I suppose if you only shoot at game from a distance this would be no big deal, but I immediately got concerned about my hunting situations, which are often up close and personal. Just trying to get my bearings on this. Anyone share my sentiments on this?

I think some people fill the butts woth spray foam

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

Formidilosus

Super Moderator

Paint it. They quiet way down with a couple layers of paint.

OP
O

onlybrowning

Lil-Rokslider
Paint it. They quiet way down with a couple layers of paint.

I thought this as well. Guess I should’ve gotten the bare one. The paint on it looks a lot better than what I’m going to pull off.

If the noise is the only thing you are worried about... don't.

If you bang the stock against something when hunting, the noise it makes doesn't matter, the noise itself is the problem.

OP
O

onlybrowning

Lil-Rokslider
If the noise is the only thing you are worried about... don't.

If you bang the stock against something when hunting, the noise it makes doesn't matter, the noise itself is the problem.

Have you handled one of these? I’m not talking about banging it on something. I’m talking about it sounding like I have 220 grit sandpaper on my hands when I’m holding it. Just manipulating the stock with bare hands is incredibly loud in comparison to any other stock I’ve handled.