New tripod rig

6MT

FNG
Just got my new tripod rig for shooting coyotes. It’s an Innorel RT90c carbon fibre tripod (max. 90lb load), an Innorel N52 low profile ball head (max. 66lb load), and a Deathgrip Ultra-Lite saddle. The bag is really cool too.

IMG-2655.jpg

IMG-2652.jpg

IMG-2653.jpg

IMG-2654.jpg

IMG-2656.jpg

Just having the rifle mounted, it felt terrific! I can’t wait to try it out.

Last edited:

LaHunter

WKR
About the only negative reviews I have seen on this tripod is that the leg locking mechanism is not 'spring loaded'. After you get some field use out of it, would be interested to get your opinion on this feature. Looks like a solid shooting setup.

I have been using this same tripod the last 2 or 3 winters on my thermal set up and it's a pretty solid setup for the price. Only difference is I'm using a Desmond DLOW_55m Ball Head with arca plate. Unless they changed the bags they send with these, there is nothing "cool" about them, just a cheap Chinese bag.

OP
6MT

6MT

FNG
I have been using this same tripod the last 2 or 3 winters on my thermal set up and it's a pretty solid setup for the price. Only difference is I'm using a Desmond DLOW_55m Ball Head with arca plate. Unless they changed the bags they send with these, there is nothing "cool" about them, just a cheap Chinese bag.
Well, I was impressed with the bag I received. It is heavy material and padded. It has an interior pocket and a large exterior pocket. It has a hand carry handle and an adjustable strap for over the shoulder carry. It also has a pull handle on the one end.

I would feel confident that if I dropped it onto a hard surface, the contents inside would not be affected.

OP
6MT

6MT

FNG
About the only negative reviews I have seen on this tripod is that the leg locking mechanism is not 'spring loaded'. After you get some field use out of it, would be interested to get your opinion on this feature. Looks like a solid shooting setup.
After trying it out, I would agree with that. The locking mechanism at the top of each leg for angle adjustment does take some getting used to. If it were spring loaded, it might be easier to use. I found it a bit frustrating in the field. I guess I'll just have to get used to it the more I use it. (I've only used it once.)