"new" trapping machine

tuffcity

WKR
Picked this new to me rig up a couple of months ago. Looking forward to trapping season with it, at least until the snow gets to deep. And it has a heater! lol 2005 argo conquest- 20 hrs on it and stored in a heated shop.

qvUkj4O.jpg

Last edited:

mjh

Lil-Rokslider
Always wanted to drive one of those things. Don't really have a need or a land base. I'd have to have a snow plow for sure.

Wheels

WKR
I think they top out at about 10 mph, so I hope you're not in a hurry between sets.

Erict

WKR
I rode in one a bit in the past few years. They can go some amazing places for sure. The heater was great for shins and below in the cramped foot compartment. I'm not sure the solution, but don't be surprised to see how much mud can be slung into the passenger area from tires/tracks. Have fun.

OP
tuffcity

tuffcity

WKR
I've ridden in them before, a friend has one. Fortunately I'm pretty mechanically inclined so not worried about the "fixin'" part. lol What's the saying? low and slow but away they'll go? :) I'll take 10 mph with a moose in the back over having to pack it for miles!

JJ1179

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
We had one at work years ago. It had a Kohler engine. It was a big turd. It would get high centered on tuley’s going through creeks and was also needing repair. Ours was an 8X8, but didn’t have tracks.

I’ve had a couple of them. They are great for their abilities to tackle varying terrain, but slow and not very comfortable. They really shine when you need to cross deep water or bogs. I never managed to get one stuck, even when breaking trail over 3” diameter saplings. After a few seasons trapping out of them, I sold mine and put tracks on my Honda Pioneer.
It looks like you’ve got the hard plastic Argo tracks on your machine. They’re decent in snow, but you’ll go absolutely nowhere on ice or rocks with them. Argo rubber tracks are the best I found for all around use. I’ve had two other sets of aftermarket tracks, which were just OK at best.
IMG_1083.jpeg