New to Bows/ looking for advice

c5mrr270

WKR
Some guys use different methods for determining draw length. Some will measure your wingspan then subtract 15" then divide by 2, others will take your wingspan then divide by 2.5. Each gives you a little different number. The best way I've found is to measure from the centerline of your chest out to the line where your hand meets your wrist. This will get you close after that you have to determine what's comfortable and helps YOU shoot the best. I would also read through "the nuts and bolts of archery" over on AT. It should be at the top of the general page. It has a good section on draw length and form.

OP
B
Thanks I used the divide by 2.5 method and got 28.5.

@ j-daddy... Looks like a nice bow, I would like to buy a loaded bow though.

OR Archer

WKR
Don't be so dead set that you are 28.5" draw by using that method. You realistically need to have the bow fitted to you. One bow may fit you great at 28.5" and the next it may need to be a 1/2" longer or even shorter. Just use it as a ball park starting point.

OP
B
Don't be so dead set that you are 28.5" draw by using that method. You realistically need to have the bow fitted to you. One bow may fit you great at 28.5" and the next it may need to be a 1/2" longer or even shorter. Just use it as a ball park starting point.

Seems more and more I need to buy something with an adjustable draw then. Taking much of the advice, I keep coming back to the Bowtech Assassin.

Battle
That is funny, in my original post on aadvice, i said you might like the "Heartbreaker" but the Assasin is the male version of the heartbreaker. I shoot the Hoyt Element and I too love the Assasin. Bad little sucker. The shop here cant keep them on the shelf for the performance/price. I love it.

You can got wrong with that bow, IMO - if you like it