New to 7mm Rem Mag & western whitetail

Wingshooter

Lil-Rokslider
I was going to recommend 160 Nosler partitions in Federal Premium line it's a great time tested bullet that would work from pronghorn to Elk and anything in between. However it retails for 70-90$ a box. So maybe something a little more economical for whitetail to start out. Sportsmans guide has that load for 55$ per box still seems pricey but everything is these days.

Ben_H

FNG
162gr ELDX, 155gr terminal ascent are what I’ve been using to shoot deer on depredation this spring. 10 deer so far and all but 1 dropped in their tracks. If you hit bone, front shoulders could be done for, but through the lungs the bullets held together well and did their job nicely. Shots from 100 to 450 yards.

I've hunted upland and waterfowl for years. Small game here and there and have hunted javelina with a longbow.

However, I'm brand-spanking new to the world of western big game hunting.

I'm cutting my teeth with a 7mm Rem Mag and spot 'n stalk whitetail. I understand the 7mm may be a bit much for whitetail, but it's what I have.

Once I get the rifle zero'd and myself sorted out, I know the next step will be testing various loads and seeing what works best for my setup and proposed hunt.

I realize there are MANY options to work with but I'd love some insights on 2-3 ammo recommendations (bullet type, weight, and even specific cartridge) to get started with.

(I'm sure I'll eventually get into reloading but that's probably not going to happen until next year)
I have a 7 mag and have had amazing luck with Hornady superfomance 139 grain sst.

VAHunter01

Lil-Rokslider
Just go with what you can find that fits your budget. I really doesn't make that much difference on deer. I carried a 7 mag for years, used about every bullet I could find, never had any issue.

Absolutely no NEED for premiums on deer. I use 150 BTs now in my old 7, just because I have a truck load. Spitting distance to 400ish they have killed fine. Nothing wrong with the expensive ones, they work fine too! Just don't kid yourself and think you need high priced ammo for deer.