New Strings

twp1224

FNG
I'm in need of new strings this year. I have looked around the other archery sites, but really would like an unbiase recommendation. Any recommendations would be apprciated.

i just bought some twisted archer stings had have been pleased so far but I have also heard (never had a set) nothing but good about 60X as previously mentioned

i've tried them all on my 350 and the factory Octane string/cables have held up the best of them all so far.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
The string maker is not as important as the material they use. Make sure your string maker is using quality materials such as BCY products.....

I either shoot America's Best ( the string is made with BCY 8125 and the cables BCY 452X ) or Winner's Choice this season ( the new string material is 8190X ).

OR Archer

WKR
I run Winners Choice. I've been using them for the last 12 years and have never had a problem with any of them.

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am a firm believer in America's Best Bowstrings. Been using them for a few years with great success.

Campo

FNG
VaporTrails are the way to go man!

Great materials, great selection of colors, great customer service (not like you will need it). Plus, there is an online custom string generator on our website.

Check it out! :)

60x makes some nice strings
DSC_4478.jpg

Put this set on my Eclipse

Last edited:

miller1

Lil-Rokslider
VaporTrails are the way to go man!

Great materials, great selection of colors, great customer service (not like you will need it). Plus, there is an online custom string generator on our website.

Check it out! :)

I agree plus they ship in 3 days or less.

weaver

WKR
Have used 60x and Americas Best both are top notch. My string on my bow now was made by my local pro shop (All American Outdoors, Strasburg, Oh) and they are the best i have seen to date. Americas Best is located 10 miles from my place so im blessed with good stringmakers!

J-Daddy

WKR
If you want great strings go with a custom builder like John's Customs, 60x, Parkinson's, Crackers or someone like that...Hand built are better than the big mass production companies...I've shot them all alot, I've never been that impressed with VaporTrail, Winners Choice, ABB or the other mass produced strings.

B

bearguide

winners choice /but the servings have been seperating on my dream season