New Sig Zulu

bigbuckdj

WKR
You may want to hang on to those 10x. I absolutely love mine. The 20's are OK.

In a more perfect world I think I would have the 10's on my chest and the new Sawro 14's for tripod use but I am OK with where I am at.
Yeah I really want to try some ranging binos instead of the 10s but it’s crossed my mind keeping them.

I’ll be curious to see if sig finds something wonky with this set. I’ll be happy to buy another set of 42mm 16s if this ends up being consistent.

swavescatter

Pain in the butt!
Update:

TLDR - stay away from the HDX Pro generation. Straight trash. No upside.

I spoke to Sig Sauer today after they checked my brand new 18 Pro's. "ThEy mEEt SPeC." When I pointed out how they market their new HDX Pro glass as superior light transmission, color and clarity, they backed ALL the way down and just reiterated "LoW lIGht tRanSmisSiOn is ImpROveD." The rep claimed that larger objectives should be expected to have worse clarity.

So they will only stand behind this generation as being superior during low light scenarios, which in my experience with the Gen 2 HDX is about the first/last 5 minutes of light. For a 12 hour day in the field, that's 1.4% of the time that these binos are superior, while 98.6% of the time the cheaper, lighter, less power hungry HDX Gen 2's are superior. Got it.

They offered a 10% discount toward the Gen 2 Kilo10k's I've been eyeing, but that's still hundreds more than I get them. No thanks. In fact now I'm leaning harder towards the Revics.

Big thumbs down Sig. Do better.

j_volt

WKR
Update:

I spoke to Sig Sauer today after they checked my brand new 18 Pro's. "ThEy mEEt SPeC." When I pointed out how they market their new HDX Pro glass as superior light transmission, color and clarity, they backed ALL the way down and just reiterated "LoW lIGht tRanSmisSiOn is ImpROveD." The rep claimed that larger objectives should be expected to have worse clarity.

So they will only stand behind this generation as being superior during low light scenarios, which in my experience with the Gen 2 HDX is about the first/last 5 minutes of light. For a 12 hour day in the field, that's 1.4% of the time that these binos are superior, while 98.6% of the time the cheaper, lighter, less power hungry HDX Gen 2's are superior. Got it.

They offered a 10% discount toward the Gen 2 Kilo10k's I've been eyeing, but that's still hundreds more than I get them. No thanks. In fact now I'm leaning harder towards the Revics.

Thanks for sharing. This will certainly have me reconsidering future purchases.

Okie84

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Update:

Thanks for taking the time to post your experience. I’m glad I read this before I pulled the trigger..that’s some horse dukey!