New Sig Zulu

j_volt

WKR
Lol. “I have a relationship with this company and a low subscriber count but I’ll totally give an honest review”. I expect a lot more of these in the next few weeks before seasons kick off.
Some of these sponsorship deals should come with knee pads.

I just ordered a pair of 14x pros directly from sig. I will write a follow up after I have used them for a couple weeks. I hope they are a good upgrade from the 12x hdx for the weight penalty. But I currently run 10x swaro el ranges that are over 30 oz.

cwpepper

Lil-Rokslider
If anybody finds these with a promo code that works for a little discount, I'll be purchasing as well and would be happy to provide an opinion on these as a direct comparison to the Zulu6 12x42's of which I ran last year. Just need a little bit of a bump to not pay full price.

swavescatter

Pain in the butt!
I got my 18's this week finally. I'll try to compare them to the 16's this weekend in the field.

Cameraland has them mispriced I think at $100 off. The Get Deal button on scopelist went away once they sold out quickly, but it was about $30 more than cameraland for me.

swavescatter

Pain in the butt!
I need to do more testing. Not a huge slam dunk unfortunately.

First impressions were that the 18's are significantly heavier and larger. Tolerable I guess.

Glassing up some bulls about 2000+ yds away, I was surprised that I could resolve antler tines with my 16's but not new 18's. Color was richer with new 18's.

Not definitive though and couldn't get my phone to focus right for a pic. My 16's are a slight bit more dialed in with the right eye diopter, but I don't think the difference should be huge there.

I might actually prefer the old scan and target modes over the omniscan deal? With worse battery life and form factor alone, I might have to say I prefer the regular HDXs

Haven't tested low light yet but will this weekend.

I need to do more testing. Not a huge slam dunk unfortunately.

First impressions were that the 18's are significantly heavier and larger. Tolerable I guess.

Glassing up some bulls about 2000+ yds away, I was surprised that I could resolve antler tines with my 16's but not new 18's. Color was richer with new 18's.

Not definitive though and couldn't get my phone to focus right for a pic. My 16's are a slight bit more dialed in with the right eye diopter, but I don't think the difference should be huge there.

I might actually prefer the old scan and target modes over the omniscan deal? With worse battery life and form factor alone, I might have to say I prefer the regular HDXs

Haven't tested low light yet but will this weekend.
Just to clarify, you're comparing the 16x42 vs the 18x50?

swavescatter

Pain in the butt!
Well dang. I've reached out to Sig and they're supposed to email me for pics, but I'm disappointed to say the least.

I adjusted diopter on the 18's finally and put these on a tripod. Target was at 785 yards. Magview app on same phone camera settings.

This definitely matches what I saw in the field. FOV is worse with 18's. Clarity is worse. Battery life is worse. Size/weight is worse. Maybe low light is better?

(n)

16x42's HDX
Sig16x42.jpeg

18x50's HDX Pro's
Sig18x50.jpeg

bigbuckdj

WKR
Well dang. I've reached out to Sig and they're supposed to email me for pics, but I'm disappointed to say the least.

I adjusted diopter on the 18's finally and put these on a tripod. Target was at 785 yards. Magview app on same phone camera settings.

This definitely matches what I saw in the field. FOV is worse with 18's. Clarity is worse. Battery life is worse. Size/weight is worse. Maybe low light is better?

(n)

16x42's HDX
View attachment 772871

18x50's HDX Pro's
View attachment 772872
I’m in to hear about this. I just sold my 16x42s and I’m selling my 10x30s to get some 16x50s. Keep us posted on what sig says.

180ls1

WKR
I’m in to hear about this. I just sold my 16x42s and I’m selling my 10x30s to get some 16x50s. Keep us posted on what sig says.

You may want to hang on to those 10x. I absolutely love mine. The 20's are OK.

In a more perfect world I think I would have the 10's on my chest and the new Sawro 14's for tripod use but I am OK with where I am at.

Bugger

Lil-Rokslider

(n)

16x42's HDX
View attachment 772871

18x50's HDX Pro's
View attachment 772872
Yuck! It’s a cool product and it’s awesome when they work as advertised, but my first set of 16’s was a lemon that had to be replaced and have heard a few others now saying the same. Their QC contract needs a serious overhaul.

(n)

16x42's HDX
View attachment 772871

18x50's HDX Pro's
View attachment 772872
Interesting. The specs on the sig website has the battery life for the new ones at 40 hours vs the old ones at 30 hours.

Very interested in the low light comparison.