New Sig Zulu

bigbuckdj

WKR
I’m curious why the 16s are the most expensive. Maybe they figure they will be the most popular. I bet the 18s will be popular, nice field of view for the magnification and a much better eye relief than the current 20s, even a little better than the current 16s.

OP
S

sivart

WKR
I just ordered the old style mainly due to the weight. I prefer 21 oz on my chest vs over 30

4th_point

WKR
Gritr shows the Zulu6 in stock and on sale, for 30mm and 42mm models.

I'd imagine Labor Day sales are just around the corner.

$1500+ for the 50mm seems steep to me, unless the optical quality has improved.

cwpepper

Lil-Rokslider
Very curious to know folks thoughts who better understand this stuff on the comparison of the current product of Zulu6 vs the Pros? Comparing 16x42 vs new 16x50..

I see the new ones having the following improvements:
- Better low light with 50mm objective vs previous 42mm
- “Next generation stabilization”
- Improved glass with “HDX Pro Glass, LenShield, SpectraCoat”

Are these three changes worth an extra $500, and the sacrifice of 12 ounces weight difference?

Bugger

FNG
Very curious to know folks thoughts who better understand this stuff on the comparison of the current product of Zulu6 vs the Pros? Comparing 16x42 vs new 16x50..

I see the new ones having the following improvements:
- Better low light with 50mm objective vs previous 42mm
- “Next generation stabilization”
- Improved glass with “HDX Pro Glass, LenShield, SpectraCoat”

Are these three changes worth an extra $500, and the sacrifice of 12 ounces weight difference?
Depends on how much better it is in each category. Not much to improve on the stabilization and the extra mm’s in objective size might get ya another couple minutes at veeeeeery last light, so that glass better be dang near alpha to warrant the extra weight and price being nearly double what the standard HDX’s are going for on sale now. Based on their lackluster product drop i wouldn’t expect to see much difference. And unfortunately they seal their boxes so the guys at cameraland can’t even look thru them until they get a return.

Last edited:

QuickTrigger7

Lil-Rokslider
Depends on how much better it is in each category. Not much to improve on the stabilization and the extra mm’s in objective size might get ya another couple minutes at veeeeeery last light, so that glass better be dang near alpha to warrant the extra weight and price being nearly double what the standard HDX’s are going for on sale now. Based on their lackluster product drop i wouldn’t expect to see much difference. And unfortunately they seal their boxes so the guys at cameraland can’t even look thru them until they get a return.
Hopefully some review videos will be coming out.

bigbuckdj

WKR
This is my first foray into binos with terrible exit pupil but the big bonus for me would be the improved exit pupil of the 16x50s over the 16x42s. The exit pupil of the 12x42s is much easier to deal with but the tight FOV drove me nuts so I have the 16s.

Bugger

FNG
This is my first foray into binos with terrible exit pupil but the big bonus for me would be the improved exit pupil of the 16x50s over the 16x42s. The exit pupil of the 12x42s is much easier to deal with but the tight FOV drove me nuts so I have the 16s.
Exit pupil or eye relief?

bigbuckdj

WKR
I think it’ll be 16x50s for me, I’ll wait until I can find them discounted somewhere.

Last edited:
So besides better glass, looks like these automagically kick into Target Mode:

OmniScan™ is the latest OIS™ (Optical Image Stabilization) software update which seamlessly blends Scan and Target modes using a digital accelerometer to automatically adjust the degree of stabilization based off movement. The slower the binoculars move, the greater the degree of stabilization applied and vice versa. OmniScan eliminates the need to toggle between settings, delivering the most advanced stabilization experience we’ve ever created.